• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering Highspeedclimb...how is the cost of living in vegas low? I go there often and own property there, and nothing in the housing market tells me LAS is a cheap place to live....now 10 years ago...that was a different story but alot has changed there, gone are the $2.95 buffets and cheap prime rib dinners....even utilities have gone way up over the last few years.

On Allegiant, in my few dealings with a few people and pilots there, the company has a sound business plan and great people there, the QOL is probably one of the best in the industry...I wish all of these guys good luck...

Chper, how often do you exceed your guarantee?

Good question.... When I was an FO, I was running between 85-90 hours every month. We're running our first class in a while, so some of the bottom FOs have probably only broken guarantee once or twice if even that. As a junior captain in Vegas, I'll be on reserve and at guarantee for a little while although I was able to pick up some over guarantee trips this month on days off.

If expansion continues as planned, I think realistically most people will be over guarantee each month unless they are the bottom few on reserve or by choice.

Just wondering Highspeedclimb...how is the cost of living in vegas low? I go there often and own property there, and nothing in the housing market tells me LAS is a cheap place to live....now 10 years ago...that was a different story but alot has changed there, gone are the $2.95 buffets and cheap prime rib dinners....even utilities have gone way up over the last few years.

On Allegiant, in my few dealings with a few people and pilots there, the company has a sound business plan and great people there, the QOL is probably one of the best in the industry...I wish all of these guys good luck...

Vegas isn't the cheap location it use to be, but day to day living is no more expensive than any other big city. There are still parts of the city where you can get a good deal on a house, and rentals aren't outrageous either. Factor in no state income tax, and compared to many other big cities, the overall cost of living isn't too bad.

Car registration is a little steep, and utilities have gone up a bit this year, but overall a nice place to live.

hi

any chance of getting an interview with 3000 TT including 2000 jet but no PIC or i should say only a couple hundred of hour PIC in a single engine.

Sorry if this was already discussed but...

I hear the company is going public sometime soon. Any idea when and which exchange? Sounds like it may be a good buy.

Latest resources

Back