• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats to all the new hires. If anyone needs a crash pad PM me I'll give you a contact person for a nice vacation home to rent. Last year three of us in class rented a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath for $1200 or so a month all utilities included. In this place all you need is your food.

Hey Chperplt how's SFB?

singlespeed said:
Congrats to all the new hires. If anyone needs a crash pad PM me I'll give you a contact person for a nice vacation home to rent. Last year three of us in class rented a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath for $1200 or so a month all utilities included. In this place all you need is your food.

Hey Chperplt how's SFB?

Hey,

SFB is.....well.....SFB. Other than flying 3 trips since June 2nd, I can't complain too much. The people at the base are great and the operation runs pretty well. Vegas could learn a lot from how things are done out there!

A friend told me that Ryanair in Europe doesn't treat it's employees well. They use the labor laws in the worst countries they fly to, and the pay and working conditions are poor. Ryan has invested in Allegiant, and they have a seat on the board. Apparently, this was in the ALPA magazine. I know, I know, a biased source. Anyone know any more about this?

Thanks,
SDD

Ryan does have a pretty nasty rap as far as workrules goes I've heard. They get payed pretty well I think. Declan Ryan, one of the sons of the founder as well as a former board member of Ryanair is one of the principle investors in Allegiant.

This doesn't necessarily mean Allegiant intends to be Ryanair, merely that they have a solid business plan worthy of some Ryan funding. I'm sure the ONLY thin on Mr Ryan's mind is a good return on his investment.

This was in the ALPA magazine? Interesting... Considering ALPA has not so much as approached the pilot group at Allegiant. In fact, over a year ago, they plain told the pilot group that they were "too small" to be represented by ALPA "at this time".... That's a good thing though... Keep ALPA outa here..

If I'm not mistaken, Ryan air pilots were given a good amount of stock when the company went public. I believe they all made out very well.

Well, I found a link on another forum here at flightinfo, with opinions gained from people who currently work at Ryanair. It says that Ryanair claims they make a lot of money, but it isn't true. It also says they fire people for charging their cellphones in the airport, and buying water from the aircraft meant for passengers. They do charge their crews for water at Ryanair.

I don't think ALPA was saying anything about organizing allegiant. They ran the article specifically to warn their members about the law being changed to allow foreign ownership of US airlines. It said if someone like the owners of Ryanair got ahold of a US airline, they might do the same thing they do to their employees. I didn't see the article, a friend told me about it, so I wonder if they mentioned that the owners of Ryanair are investors in allegiant. As far as I know, allegiant wasn't even mentioned in the ALPA article.

Ahh ok... Well the only connections between AAY and Ryanair is a FORMER member of their board is an investor in AAY, both airlines charge passengers for soda, both airlines serve secondary markets, and both airlines profit in the black.

Hey......

Uniform Shop said:
Just for your information, 20 year FO, there are a lot of former AA pilots working for Allegiant because they were furloughed from your industry leading company.

.......I resemble that remark!!!

Latest resources

Back