• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still waiting, but they said that they wouldn't send out letters until sometime this week. They said they would send a letter via USPS if it was good or bad news.

What's the latest on MD80 additions to the fleet through the end of the year? What percentage of the MD80s in the fleet are EFIS equipped vs. analog?

johnsonrod said:
What's the latest on MD80 additions to the fleet through the end of the year? What percentage of the MD80s in the fleet are EFIS equipped vs. analog?

2 or 3 more aircraft this year I think. 2 of the 3 are ours on lease back in Europe and are returning. Only 2 aircraft are anolog and I don't think there are plans to add any more.

Calls went out today! Class starts the 24th of August. I'm SO excited!

Reelbigfish said:
Calls went out today! Class starts the 24th of August. I'm SO excited!

Not to rain on anyone's parade here but...you're excited about making $41 an hour to fly S80 F/O? And then you make Captain in two years for a whopping $72 an hour? They don't pay for hotel during training either? Nice.

That downward spiral of the airline pilot career just got a bit tighter...

Unit
Whoop, whoop, Pull Up!

AMRCostUnit said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade here but...you're excited about making $41 an hour to fly S80 F/O? And then you make Captain in two years for a whopping $72 an hour? They don't pay for hotel during training either? Nice.

That downward spiral of the airline pilot career just got a bit tighter...

Unit
Whoop, whoop, Pull Up!

We're working on getting better pay and work rules, but you have to start somewhere. Our most junior captain was hired in June 05...

I hope you don't lose your job at AA and have to start somewhere else. Might want to keep your comments to yourself. You never know when they're going to bite you in the ass!

Just for your information, 20 year FO, there are a lot of former AA pilots working for Allegiant because they were furloughed from your industry leading company.

AMRCostUnit said:

Yeah, I am excited. It's not all about money, but considering where a lot of airline jobs are going, the pay at Allegiant isn't half bad. Quality of life means a lot, and everyone I know at Allegiant is happy. That means something to me. Oh, did I mention that I am excited?!:D

Latest resources

Back