• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats ReelBigFish... Two of my walk-ins got the call today too...

Good news...

Anyhow, if you haven't gotten the call, don't panic.... They called the deffinate yes's, but I'd say probably half of the class will be made up of maybes so give it some time.

-Bag

No Wonder none of the TWA pilots want to go back to American. Also, upgrade is running 10 months, not 2 years.

Congradulations

Many thanks to chperplt and all who gave info about Allegiant. I also received the call yesterday and will be in class August 24. Looking forward to meeting the Allegiant pilots and my classmates!

For AMRCost Unit:

You should check the starting pay/upgrade time elsewhere in the industry before you start knocking Allegiant. Co pays 30/hr, AMR 35/hr, UAL 31/hr, NWA 29/hr..... At NWA, it would take me over 6 years to make 74 per hour and God only knows how long to upgrade. Although I don't have a degree in mathmatics, I am pretty sure 41/hr to start and a 1 year upgrade is a better deal.

AMRCostUnit said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade here but...you're excited about making $41 an hour to fly S80 F/O? And then you make Captain in two years for a whopping $72 an hour? They don't pay for hotel during training either? Nice.

That downward spiral of the airline pilot career just got a bit tighter...

Unit
Whoop, whoop, Pull Up!

If AA ever hires agian people will be excited about making $35 and hour as S80 F/O. And then in two years your still S80 F/O for $72 an hour...

It's about that same...

Thomas39 said:
Many thanks to chperplt and all who gave info about Allegiant. I also received the call yesterday and will be in class August 24. Looking forward to meeting the Allegiant pilots and my classmates!

I'm glad I could help! Congratulations on the class date and enjoy Vegas in August!:beer:

ERJFO said:
If AA ever hires agian people will be excited about making $35 and hour as S80 F/O. And then in two years your still S80 F/O for $72 an hour...

It's about that same...

Not to mention the Allegiant guy deserves more respect for starting at the bottom and trying to work up in the industry, as opposed to the American fella' who was at the top and has stagnated in his career progression while working his way down in terms of pay etc. ( as well as having to fly with tools all the time while wearing his hat around the terminal.)

Ouch.

YKW

Last edited:
ERJFO said:

It's about that same...

Not really, but for diifferent reasons than most might think. I can't say anything bad about working for American... that hasn't already been said by AMRUNIT himself.

Congrats to the new hires!!!

ERJFO said:

It's about that same...

You have to look at the LONG TERM earning potential. AA, in the long term, gives you more earnings than Allegiant (given current pay scales). I'm furloughed from AA and currently work for Allegiant. Allegiant is a good place to work but I think I would have to go back to AA just for that reason.

For those of you that just got hired at AAY. Good luck with training and I think you'll enjoy it here.

Latest resources

Back