• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Hiring Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya yes. My favorite line. "It's ok that pay and benefits suck now because I get to fly a big jet today and I get to be a big jet captain in 2 years." Let's ask the airtran, jetblue, frontier, skybus, spirit, .........pilots what they think about that line?

Do preach, brother! I'm all ears. Please tell me what I should do. What have I done wrong so far in my career? Please teach me! This is why I'm on FI! I'm here to learn from the wise in ways...

:D

So tell us oh wise one.... Teach us the way.

On second thought... Who gives a rats ass what you think. :rolleyes:

Don't be so tough on victors...he's not thinking clearly. Football season was a mess & now he's gotta suffer through hoops..."pride comes before the fall"...

Don't be so tough on victors...he's not thinking clearly. Football season was a mess & now he's gotta suffer through hoops..."pride comes before the fall"...

The hoops will be alright this year. Rodriguez will have the football team rolling in 2 years as well. Go Blue!

I've read your posts Vic...and those of the other parrots with the same carbon-copy repetition of inaccurate and ridiculously flawed reasoning. Whatever you do, don't let the facts get in the way of your rant. I quit trying to reason with people like you a long time ago, it's a complete waste of time.

From your posts I don't see you as one who conducts research before pontificating from the pulpit, but if you care to read a valid response, take the time to research some of the previous responses posted on this (very tired) topic. In the end, you might actually be surprised at how competitive this new company's pilot wages are. Again, for those of you who actually seek the facts, by 11/09, AAY's 10-yr Captain pay will exceed those of USAir and Northwest. This pay scale represents a 40% increase in pay over a 5-yr period. As opposed to ALPA, these gains were achieved through an in-house, non-union pilot group and came at no charge to the pilots. Not bad huh?

As opposed to hanging around on this site, have you spent any time reading the news? Get a clue. It's a brave new world. Highly globalized and extremely competitive environment where conditions change very fast and businesses--of every kind--are forced to adapt or face the (dire) consequences. This company is very adaptable, light on its feet, dynamic and flexible to changing circumstances.

But don't take my word for it, go ahead and apply to the legacies (dinosaurs), no one is stopping you. Whatever you do, please don't apply here.

Yep,...we're bottom-dwellers, blah, blah, low-lifes, blah, scum, blah, blah, blah...yep, heard it already. And yes, it's so done, so old, and ...yawn, frankly so boring.

Allegiant sucks. After all, who could stand the horrific QOL...
1. Never getting to sit around airports (out and backs),...
2. No hotel rooms/van rides (in base every night).
3. 2-year upgrades,
4. Stable/profitable company with a progressive insightful leadership team.
5. Very loyal and content pilot group, most of whom are NOT reading your drivel. Why? They are too busy enjoying the record amount of time off with their families/hobbies. Another reason they're not on this website? Unlike you, they're not looking for job opportunities! They are A) happy...and B) in a very stable/profitable airline (and before you ask, I only visit this site when I'm really bored).

Seriously Vic, dig deep, do some research, grab a handful of insight and imagination, THEN post. Hopefully it will actually contain a modicum of original thought.

Best part is the number of our 'critics' that are later found in the Allegiant hiring line. Hypocrasy in its purest form...hillarious, if not so pathetic.

D1

Last edited:
So how about competitive mins for the last class. Competitive mins from a year ago probably do not apply anymore... I'd guess. Any info on that?

Is FLL still junior?

And

Do they require the resignation of seniority if you have a number at another carrier?

Thanks!

I've read your posts Vic...and those of the other parrots with the same carbon-copy repetition of inaccurate and ridiculously flawed reasoning. Whatever you do, don't let the facts get in the way of your rant. I quit trying to reason with people like you a long time ago, it's a complete waste of time.

From your posts I don't see you as one who conducts research before pontificating from the pulpit, but if you care to read a valid response, take the time to research some of the previous responses posted on this (very tired) topic. In the end, you might actually be surprised at how competitive this new company's pilot wages are. Again, for those of you who actually seek the facts, by 11/09, AAY's 10-yr Captain pay will exceed those of USAir and Northwest. This pay scale represents a 40% increase in pay over a 5-yr period. As opposed to ALPA, these gains were achieved through an in-house, non-union pilot group and came at no charge to the pilots. Not bad huh?

As opposed to hanging around on this site, have you spent any time reading the news? Get a clue. It's a brave new world. Highly globalized and extremely competitive environment where conditions change very fast and businesses--of every kind--are forced to adapt or face the (dire) consequences. This company is very adaptable, light on its feet, dynamic and flexible to changing circumstances.

But don't take my word for it, go ahead and apply to the legacies (dinosaurs), no one is stopping you. Whatever you do, please don't apply here.

Yep,...we're bottom-dwellers, blah, blah, low-lifes, blah, scum, blah, blah, blah...yep, heard it already. And yes, it's so done, so old, and ...yawn, frankly so boring.

Allegiant sucks. After all, who could stand the horrific QOL...
1. Never getting to sit around airports (out and backs),...
2. No hotel rooms/van rides (in base every night).
3. 2-year upgrades,
4. Stable/profitable company with a progressive insightful leadership team.
5. Very loyal and content pilot group, most of whom are NOT reading your drivel. Why? They are too busy enjoying the record amount of time off with their families/hobbies. Another reason they're not on this website? Unlike you, they're not looking for job opportunities! They are A) happy...and B) in a very stable/profitable airline (and before you ask, I only visit this site when I'm really bored).

Seriously Vic, dig deep, do some research, grab a handful of insight and imagination, THEN post. Hopefully it will actually contain a modicum of original thought.

Best part is the number of our 'critics' that are later found in the Allegiant hiring line. Hypocrasy in its purest form...hillarious, if not so pathetic.

D1
I like your post. It's actually well thought out for once. For the record, I did say "bottom-dwellers" was too harsh. So how many 10 year captains do you have now? Are you comparing those rates to the "new" northwest/delta rates? Do you realize those rates are bottom of the barrel rates that were forced down the throats of those pilots in bankruptcy? Does living in a "brave new world" mean that you have to except low wages at the cost to your profession so that you can be home every night? Talk about reading the news, ever ask an airtran pilot about their awesome 2 year upgrades? You don't have to ever worry about me in the allegiant hiring line. I've got a pretty good job.

Latest resources

Back