• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Hiring Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The devaluation of our profession began with ALPA and the absolutely insane seniority system and pay in accordance of seniority. Why are there 10,000 hour pilots who are newhires at ANY US airline making McDonald's wages? It is because our experience/pay is not portable, and ALPA, as the largest pilot representative in this country, allowed it to happen... no, actually ALPA INSISTS it to happen.

That started a trend that is great for companies, bad for pilots and our predecessors accepted it. It's on us to fix it, but I highly doubt that this generation has what it takes to actually do something about it.

That's why if you have any experience, but you don't want to start all over again making an absolute bottom dollar, you pack your bags and go overseas where they have no such insanity as newbie pay all over again, or if you are lucky, you go corporate where you get paid based on what you negotiate, usually based on pay standards across the industry for that type and your experience level.

Great. Fix it. Form an in house union at alleeeeegiant and demand better wages and work rules and show alpa how to do it. Then maybe you'll earn some respect.

Why unionize?

Having a union on the property is not a win for the employees. It's the failure of management. Find me where Allegiant management has failed their employees so grossly as to warrant unionizing.

As far as the pay is concerned, Allegiant's first year pay is in line with everyone else. Their upgrade time is currently projected at 2 years for newhires. They're profitable, and they have scheduled raises. Could they improve on pay? Why absolutely... however, they've been getting raises, and they're scheduled additional raises.

Add into account their QOL, I'd say it's a pretty decent deal considering every place else.

Last edited:
bottom dwelling company might be a bit harsh, but what he is saying is true. This is why the profession of being a pilot is becoming more of a joke and management knows it. "Professional pilots" willing to take any sh!tty wage in order to fly a big jet.
I thought I smelled scum around here...........and there you were Victors!

scum? Ok. I'll take that label if that's the name you give to people attempting to raise the level of professional pay and benefits.

Why unionize?

Having a union on the property is not a win for the employees. It's the failure of management. Find me where Allegiant management has failed their employees so grossly as to warrant unionizing.

As far as the pay is concerned, Allegiant's first year pay is in line with everyone else. Their upgrade time is currently projected at 2 years for newhires. They're profitable, and they have scheduled raises. Could they improve on pay? Why absolutely... however, they've been getting raises, and they're scheduled additional raises.

Add into account their QOL, I'd say it's a pretty decent deal considering every place else.
Ya yes. My favorite line. "It's ok that pay and benefits suck now because I get to fly a big jet today and I get to be a big jet captain in 2 years." Let's ask the airtran, jetblue, frontier, skybus, spirit, .........pilots what they think about that line?

scum? Ok. I'll take that label if that's the name you give to people attempting to raise the level of professional pay and benefits.

What are you doing for the profession, besides acting like a dou**e on FI? What vision and sacrifice. You are a testement to your profession.....let me be the first to thank you!

Ya yes. My favorite line. "It's ok that pay and benefits suck now because I get to fly a big jet today and I get to be a big jet captain in 2 years." Let's ask the airtran, jetblue, frontier, skybus, spirit, .........pilots what they think about that line?

So tell us oh wise one.... Teach us the way.

On second thought... Who gives a rats ass what you think. :rolleyes:

I like the posts victors makes. They are overly simplistic, and I would like to see how he would make things happen if he worked here (haha) But, it helps to keep our eye on the ball.

I say keep posting.

Latest resources

Back