• Start date
  • Watchers 16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently the term "regional" rubs you guys the wrong way. What title is most fitting?

I have nothing against Allegiant or it's pilots. It's a shame you guys feel like people hate your comapny. Maybe some do, although I've not heard one person say anything bad about you or your airline.

The term regional just doesn't fit. We fly long trips hauling 150 people at a time... Ok, not 150 every time. Our system load factor YTD is slightly over 80%...

The point... We're a LCC.

chperplt said:
The term regional just doesn't fit. We fly long trips hauling 150 people at a time... Ok, not 150 every time. Our system load factor YTD is slightly over 80%...

The point... We're a LCC.

Chipper,
Does Allegaint sell tickets to the public? If they dont, I consider Allegiant a scheduled charter not an LCC.

Thedude said:
Chipper,
Does Allegaint sell tickets to the public? If they dont, I consider Allegiant a scheduled charter not an LCC.

Of the 21 MD-80s online, 2 are currently dedicated charter aircraft working long term contracts. The other 19 fly passengers who purchased tickets from the website or call center between small cities around the US and Las Vegas or Orlando.

Frac Daddy said:
Are the Allegiant employees going to be give stock options before the IPO?

No formal decision either way has been announced though, you can rest assured it is a big topic of discussion around the schoolyard.

Mainline, Major, Regional, LCC, Legacy, Commuter, Jungle Jet, Big, Small - WHATEVER!

I've been there and bought the T-shirt so many times I just don't care anymore. Get over yourselves and your silly pride.

Congratulations to Allegiant! I hope you guys prosper and have a great time doing it.

Thedude said:
Chipper,

Don't make me kick your ass next time I see you!!! :bomb:

95%+ of our business is 121 scheduled operations now. Go to www.Allegiantair.com and buy a ticket from SFB to somewhere and back... After your comment, no jumpseat for you!!!:beer:

Latest resources

Back