Allegiant advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello Allegiant flyers,
Looking for a bit of advice. I've been with a regioanl for >4 years, in the upper 1/4 of total seniority but am still a FO. (No turbine PIC) I dropped out of upgrade training last year but have another upgrade opportunity in 2 months. 3500 hours TT with 2900 in jets. I get about 15-18 days off right now but that would drop to about 11-12 after upgrade. I live in Orlando so Sanford is perfect for working at Allegiant.
Got called from Pauline for an interview next week. Naturally, I accepted and will go to the interview but what are your thoughts of changing over from my regional position to Allegiant (if hired) if I'm so close to upgrade now?
I am tired of commuting but don't want to shoot myself in the foot either. Is Allegiant much better, the same or worse than let's say NW airlink? Upgrade time is how long? How does Allegiant treat pilots who are still in the military?

I've also put my application in with NetJets with hopes of an interview within the next 6 months. From what I have been educated so far, NJA is the way to go, but I would like some more opinions from guys that work for Allegiant.
I too am a family man so being home at night is nice.

Do yourself a favor....If upgrade for you is truly less than 60 days away than take it....Fly like a dog until you have 1500 or more in the left seat....Make sure that you have a four year degree and if not finish it while flying like a dog......than look around at other places if you so desire....Do not quit now and go somewhere that is advertising the quick upgrade....By the time that info comes out just like a hot stock tip or a great real estate deal it is too late.....With the captain time and the degree you can market yourself to the career airlines...Fed-Ex, UPS or SWA...Alegiant may be fun and for guys like Chperplt who made it rapidly to the left seat it is great but to languish there in the right seat for 3 or more years which is likely you will be kicking yourself........

Alegiant may be fun and for guys like Chperplt who made it rapidly to the left seat it is great but to languish there in the right seat for 3 or more years which is likely you will be kicking yourself........

First of all, what makes you think Allegiant isn't a career airline? Secondly, what magic 8-ball do you have that says today's new hires will be in the right seat for 3 or more years?

Different strokes for different folks, but don't talk out of your ass just to hear yourself talk...

First of all, what makes you think Allegiant isn't a career airline? Secondly, what magic 8-ball do you have that says today's new hires will be in the right seat for 3 or more years?

Different strokes for different folks, but don't talk out of your ass just to hear yourself talk...

C'mon chper,
The guy is on the verge of getting a position that will pay him well and add to his resume.....Ask the jblu co-pilots who were promised A-320 upgrades in a year how that has worked for them and when you move on to bigger and better things, I am going to dig out this post and PM it to you....It is not fair to tell anyone that year 2 or 3 co-pilot pay does not matter because they will upgrade before then......

C'mon chper,
The guy is on the verge of getting a position that will pay him well and add to his resume.....Ask the jblu co-pilots who were promised A-320 upgrades in a year how that has worked for them and when you move on to bigger and better things, I am going to dig out this post and PM it to you....It is not fair to tell anyone that year 2 or 3 co-pilot pay does not matter because they will upgrade before then......

I'm not saying for a second that he should pass up on the upgrade...

While no one knows what the future hold, I am fairly certain that anyone hired at Allegiant today will have the opportunity to be in the left seat in 18 months or so. The only 2 or 3 year FOs here will be here by choice or by failing upgrade.

Will we still be here in 5 years?? Hell if I know... but I think we have a pretty good shot. See what our stock has been doing?

While in Domicile?
Yes.
Let's say for example you live in LA and started your week off by airlining out of LAX. At the end of a day (any day of that week), you end up at John Wayne airport. Well its cheaper to get you a room at the Hilton right there then it would be to pay for your cab (both ways) or rent you a car etc...

You should apply there then, and not Allegiant.

No ya' see I like Allegiant and I can't wait until I have the mins to apply. I am going to go get my ATP when I hit 2900 Hrs. and I am going to apply at 3000. If Allegiant hires me I plan to move to my first domicle because I want to be home more than I am as a commuter. I will never be a commuter again because it is a huge strain on QOL. I spend all of my time at home catching up. Now don't get me wrong. I intend to apply to Net Jets too and being fortunate enough to get hired by even one of those places I would be estatic. If given the opportunity to choose; I will choose Allegiant.

Latest resources

Back