All Nippon Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

If U live in the US, you HAVE to pay US taxes. If you live overseas (which means you're only in the US for about a month max-there is a specific rule on how many days you can spendin the US), you do NOT have to pay IRS tax on the first $8x,xxx dollars, but DO have to pay on any above that. HOWEVER, you have to pay your Medicaire and SocSec taxes on ALL the money you make, if you don't want your Medicaire and SocSec to be screwed up when you start getting it.

The only way you would pay Japanese taxes and NOT US, is if you lived in Japan, and then only for the first $8x,xxx dollars of taxes. OR, you could get Japanese citizenship, stop all payment of US stuff, and live in Japan, or at least not in the US anymore.

cliff
GRB

OR, you could get Japanese citizenship, stop all payment of US stuff, and live in Japan, or at least not in the US anymore.

If you decide to go this route, don't plane on returning to the US, ever. Believe it or not, it is a federal felony to give up your US citizenship in order to evade taxes. One of the guys that clinton pardoned was convicted of trying this in Israel.

Good luck getting Japanese citizenship. We have some cabin crew who are of Korean ancestry who have been in Japan for 3 generations and still do not have citizenship....and they were born here.

Just FYI, we had a meeting yesterday with the company vice-president and plans for the rest of 2009 are classes of 4 FOs every 2 months. Bangkok flights are staring in November too. (AJX)

Last edited:
If you are a US citizen you must comply with IRS. There are treaties that exist between US and Japan that cover all the angles. That is also true for most other countries.

You will not be taxed twice and the agencies do not pay your taxes for you.

If you go with CREW you are an employee of a US company and they comply with all US payroll requirements. If you go with PARC they comply with with Irish/Isle of Man requirements.

If you are serious about these contracts you should discuss this further with a professional tax advisor. Any advice you receive for free will be worth what you paid for it. Good luck!

ANA just announced that they will reorganize their company structure and merge several of their subsidiaries, both Air Japan (AJX) and ANA & JP Express (AJV) will merge by next year and we will do a combination of both passenger and cargo flights at Air Japan, this is the way it was at the beginning before they split the cargo division. Hiring will continue for the foreseeable future since they are preparing for the additional slots that will become available with the opening of the new runway at Haneda and the extension of the "B" runway at Narita.

I guess I'm going to have to learn how to use the oven on the freighters

I see you get 10-11 days off in a row, what are the work blocks like time wise?

I'm doing 18 to 19 day rosters since I'm using two vacation days/ month and we are getting around six trips/ roster and the average is 50 hours flight time, 4 or 5 stand by days in every roster. They will use you one of those standby days every other month but most of the time you will be in Narita. There might be better utilization with the reintegration of the companies, who knows?

Right now there is an active upgrade program at around the 4 year mark, if the merger of AJV and AJX will have an affect on that at this time we simply don't know

Latest resources

Back