• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All Nippon Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any ideas of what might happen when the 767s get replaced? In other words will this job still be available 5, 10 years down the road?

VF

Any ideas of what might happen when the 767s get replaced? In other words will this job still be available 5, 10 years down the road?

VF

The 76's will be in operation at ANA for a while still, it is the largest fleet in the company and it has proven a reliable and profitable platform for their operations. They just ordered six more new 763's from Boeing along with some more 777's and of course their order on the 787's.

Now having said that, the very nature of contract work has a termination date attached to it and it has nothing to do with one type of aircraft, it has to do with the demand for pilots created by growth, attrition due to retirement, the low Japanese nationals recruitment numbers and the length of time that it takes to get a new pilot on the line (it is 4 years to graduate from the ANA academy) If the demand is still there after the 767's are gone they will stick us on another airframe, if the demand subsides we are gone independently of the 76's being in operation or not.

It is expected that they will have the need for foreign pilots for at least another 10 years, beyond that? no one knows, but I expect that 76's to be around longer than that.

Thanks dumb pilot. I hope it stays that way for a long time. I'd hate to see the ANA crew end up like JALways and this job is looking very attractive to me. I hope to be there in the near future.

Latest resources

Back