• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All Nippon Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...why does it take 6-8 months of training for a pilot that is already typed on the equipment? What is being covered that isn't covered in the U.S. standard 2 month courses? Is there more sim time/theory/etc.?

I am not with ANA, but my understanding of their training starts with review of the basics - VERY basic. It is extremely thorough.

Taxes with ANA?

Just curious, if you could this I would appreciate it. With your pay at ANA, I looked on the internet and it looks like you would get taxed 33% from the Japanese govt. Is that true, and if so, how much do you have to pay in USA taxes since you technically work in Japan but live here?

Just curious, if you could this I would appreciate it. With your pay at ANA, I looked on the internet and it looks like you would get taxed 33% from the Japanese govt. Is that true, and if so, how much do you have to pay in USA taxes since you technically work in Japan but live here?

The rate that you'll get from ANA are already taxed, the agency will pay your Japanese tax on your behalf. If you're working overseas, you only have to pay U.S. income tax for your income above $87,000.

so if you're getting the $8000/month or whatever it is, that is take home? or is whats leftover after they take the taxes out of the 8g's? just want to clarify.

The case that MED mentioned is technically correct if you choose one of the domestic flying contracts with ANA (A-Net, IBEX, ANK) but if you want to pursuit one of the 767 contracts (AJX,AJV) these contracts are commuting contracts only (for the time being) and you are not liable for taxes in Japan. But unless you are planning to live outside of the US and not to be back for more than a month/year, then you cannot use the exclusion option for ex pat taxes because you technically still live in the US. This is my case because I commute to Minneapolis and I cannot use this exclusion because I cannot demonstrate ex pat status.

Dumb Pilot,
So, in your case, you still pay the same taxes over here as if you where working at down the road at Northwest/Delta. I thought there would still be at least some advantage with making the income out of the states. Thanks by the way to those with the experience for helping those of us filling out the apps.

Dumb Pilot,
So, in your case, you still pay the same taxes over here as if you where working at down the road at Northwest/Delta. I thought there would still be at least some advantage with making the income out of the states. Thanks by the way to those with the experience for helping those of us filling out the apps.

No Social Security/unemployment taxes. Plus you should get some damn good deductions for the cities you are in.

Dumb Pilot,

I live in Minneapolis so I don't qualify for the exclusions because of the time that I spend in the States, but you do get a pretty good deal because the per diem allowance that you get while abroad at work. You get to deduct the difference between what the company pay you on per diem and what the IRS permits for that particular city so that is a pretty significant deduction.

Latest resources

Back