• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All My AWA Friends Remain Calm....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read your ALPA contract. It's not the association who terminates...it's the company. The terminations take place at the company's pace.

I'm not talking about a union contract, I'm talking about United States labor law. It is illegal for a company to show disparity of treatment towards their employees. They are not permitted under law to terminate employees that are guilty of the same offense on their own schedule. If 1800 pilots are guilty of the same "terminable offense," then the company must fire all of them at once if they fire just a single one.

AA had a strike (shut down by Clinton) AND the ill-advised sick-out.

The guy now running APA orchestrated the sick-out. TC

If and when a new contract is TA'ed with the company only those pilots in good standing can vote. If all the West pilots are not paying dues, they will not be able to vote. How can they sue when they didn't vote?

I think it's been shown pretty clearly the West vote doesn't count. What do they have to lose by not paying? Nada.

BINGO! This is what many will soon realize. I agree the company cannot terminate 1800 pilots for not paying dues. But many on the West talk about DFR lawsuits against USAPA. If and when a new contract is TA'ed with the company only those pilots in good standing can vote. If all the West pilots are not paying dues, they will not be able to vote. How can they sue when they didn't vote?

With the Transition Agreement in effect you need joint ratification. If one AWA pilot in good standing with UCRAPA votes no and 2600 UCRAPer's vote yes the contract is still shot down. They didn't tell you that did they.:p

Well see the East's true colors if a LOA 93 contract gets put out to a vote, with USAPA's promised renegotiation of the seniority list.

I think most the East pilots will sh!t themselves. Ten more years of LOA 93. Kinda like working at a regional. Just bigger airplanes.

So nice to have all my supplemental insurance cancelled yesterday.
Havent heard a thing from USAPA, no literature, nothing.

Hopefully nothing happens to most of us in the next few weeks while we put it all back together.

With no help from our new SELF APPOINTED LEADERSHIP.

Last edited:
USAPA is now our bargaining agent.

Now the West group gets to play the part of the East group.

Other than that NOT A WHOLE LOT will change until we get a new CBA. USAPA inherits the contracts from both sides.

So, let me get this right. You will become what you despise?

Seems to me that if you really believe what you said prior to the vote--that is--we (AWA pilots) are the professionals, the Easties are the unprofessionals (actually, the rhetoric/name calling was much more "flowery" than that), and you held yourself to a higher standard.

Now the vote is in, USAPA is the bargaining agent at LCC, and, let me quote you grog, "the West group gets to play the part of the East group."

Wwwwwait a minute. If what you say is true, than you are NO DIFFERENT than they are. Why, after all of that, would you stoop to "their" level of "play."

Why don't you BE the professional you say you are?

T8

Terminate 50 a month starting from the top, the most senior will be the most in the hole $ wise. You'll get the point after 6 months to a year.

Nic. Stands...it will never go away....it's just a matter of time.

No Concessions....No Mercy.

USAPA Lied to your face. Get ready for the endless assessments and fines...what did AA do that one time? How much was the fine? Who was responsible for paying it? I wonder.

just a quick note, in order for the USAPA to be blamed for the wildcat strike all you guys are planning, you will have to join the union first.

Latest resources

Back