• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All My AWA Friends Remain Calm....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If my memory serves me it was NWA that struck in 98.

And don't forget Comair as well.

AA did a sick out, not an official strike.

The problem is they had ALPA and a Major Contingency Fund to back up the strike threat. USAPA is a paper tiger.

From the bleechers, what exactly does this vote mean for east and west?

Call Chris B., Jack S., or Lance and ask them!

Nothing has changed except the opulent lifestyles of the rich and famous ALPA reps.. and the constitution of the USAir pilots.

Terminate 50 a month starting from the top, the most senior will be the most in the hole $ wise. You'll get the point after 6 months to a year.

Illegal. That's called disparity of treatment. If you fire one, you fire all. You can't do it slowly to ease the pain on your company.

Whats the strike going to be for? A cost neutral contract with 20yr fences, and don't forget DOH furloughs. Yea I am sure that will have great support, kinda hard to have a strike when 1700 pilots will cross day 1.

The problem is they had ALPA and a Major Contingency Fund to back up the strike threat. USAPA is a paper tiger.

Not to mention the fact that a strike wouldn't be cost-neutral.

I really don't think there is any such thing as a 'strike threat' anymore. Can you name me a U.S. President, recent ones (Dem or Rep), or any one of the future contenders (Dem or Rep); who will allow the pilots of a 'major' airline to walk out, without ordering them back to work and appointing a President Advisory Board to resolve the strike.

The last major airline pilots strike, if i remember correctly was AA, and Clinton (a Dem), ordered them back to work; with the 'strike' lasting less than 2 hrs.

Just for what its worth.

DA

You really don't get it, do you?

The only reason Clinton ordered the APA back to work is that they were a small, in-house union, sort of like, uh who is that other one that got elected today? They have no affiliation with the AFL-CIO like ALPA does. No political ramifications for Clinton on that one.

Last edited:
If the "west" don't pay dues to USAPA, then they won't have the opportunity to vote for or against the next contract....then again...that might take another 3 years.

Thought Arizona was a "right to work" state???

Illegal. That's called disparity of treatment. If you fire one, you fire all. You can't do it slowly to ease the pain on your company.

Read your ALPA contract. It's not the association who terminates...it's the company. The terminations take place at the company's pace.

If you don't like it...take it up with your company.

I saw this happen with the EAL assessment. But it only took a couple of company threats and the rest of the guys fell into line.

You should've seen them calling ALPA to set up a payment plan....

If the "west" don't pay dues to USAPA, then they won't have the opportunity to vote for or against the next contract....then again...that might take another 3 years.

BINGO! This is what many will soon realize. I agree the company cannot terminate 1800 pilots for not paying dues. But many on the West talk about DFR lawsuits against USAPA. If and when a new contract is TA'ed with the company only those pilots in good standing can vote. If all the West pilots are not paying dues, they will not be able to vote. How can they sue when they didn't vote?

Latest resources

Back