All Eagle pilots getting numbers at AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No worries!
The average short bus, styrofoam helmet wearing retard can fly anything currently in the airline industry. If you find anything difficult about airline flying, you might be on the short end of the IQ curve. My greatest challenge on a daily basis is to not scratch my azz in the terminal, thus showing my disdain for all who are about.
PBR

Great post, especially the last part!

Eagle loses vast sums of money. AMR could not sell the turd. The only alternative they had was to spin it off on its own and let it wither and die a slow death. Maybe at some point they can sell of the carcass. The only way they could do so it to guarantee the pilots and some employees a job at aa. AA will be needing alot of replacements soon. A good move to lock in all the eagle guys to flow through so they don't jump ship on this sinking turd. Its all about money. Eagle has outlived ,or soon will, its model. The eagle guys had better be on thier best game when they migrate over to aa because those guys will have no problem weeding out the weak ones.

Last edited:
No worries!
The average short bus, styrofoam helmet wearing retard can fly anything currently in the airline industry. If you find anything difficult about airline flying, you might be on the short end of the IQ curve. My greatest challenge on a daily basis is to not scratch my azz in the terminal, thus showing my disdain for all who are about.
PBR

Hilarious, and mostly true. But I have heard from a bud at AA, that many of the flowthrus are having a hard time making it thru training and IOE. We're talking 2-3 times thru the complete course, 70 hrs IOE ! And these guys were RJ Captains, many with more than 10K hrs. They are scratching their heads in the training dept at AA. Scary.

Hilarious, and mostly true. But I have heard from a bud at AA, that many of the flowthrus are having a hard time making it thru training and IOE. We're talking 2-3 times thru the complete course, 70 hrs IOE ! And these guys were RJ Captains, many with more than 10K hrs. They are scratching their heads in the training dept at AA. Scary.

Only 2% have not made it through. The percentage of training issues got smaller as more junior pilots flowed over.

Changed my mind...

It was a great post, but I thought better of it.

Last edited:
As a senior FO at Beagle I don't understand all the bickering? We have a bid out for 87 captains. This winter over 200 numbered will have the option to flow thru. I see a captain seat in my near future.

I may have a flow thru at AA unless we liquidate. In the mean time I will enjoy incredible movement. In the possible future I may be a senior captain at a regional with one of the best pay scales and contracts. I will apply to AA and try to get an interview.

Thousands of hours at a 121 airline, thousands of cigarets smoked in a 402 flying checks. Do you guys that claim to have paid your dues blame anyone for going straight from cfi to eagle to aa? Ask a civilian trained AA captain how old he was when he got hired, you will be surprised.

Heard they even sent one guy to psych eval and eventually bought him off with three yrs pay.

Speaking live and in person, from my East Coast crash pad, as a real, live Eagle Flow through, now "reserve bitch at AA".. (who made it through all the AA training, without any additional, of any kind, btw...) Two% is pretty close to the numbers we have been told recently. For what that's worth.

Latest resources

Back