• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All 135 pilots should read.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have all the "insightful thought" you want, on any forum you want. But, don't expect non union employees to honor a picket line. Some may and if they have that ability great but most in this little corner of the aviation industry won't have that flexability.

Good Lord. I guess all Southwest, Delta, and whoever else's pilots are scabs if US Air ever goes on strike.

I honestly feel awful for NJA; their situation sucks. But to lump 135 Charter pilots in with scabs who actually crossed picket lines and accepted less than adequate pay is ridiculous.

If it makes those guys feel any better, I don't do the flying for cheaper.

Gee, if I remember corectly, the last time I had a job with substandard pay and benefits I found a better job.

And while some may argue that a flying job making 27K is better then no job, you knew what you were getting when you ordered spagetti. If you don't like spagetti, don't whine about it, send it back and get something else.

Capthuff said:
Gee, if I remember corectly, the last time I had a job with substandard pay and benefits I found a better job.

AMEN!

Using netjets logic, if United were to go on strike, United (management) would have to try and make alternative arraingments for their pax. If United were to re-book their pax on American, the American pilots would be scabbing??????

I think the IBT needs to try again with their attmept to change the definition of "still collecting all benefits". Just because they think it will help their cause, does not justify changing long standing positions to suit your needs.....the IBT must not have much faith in the netjets pilots unity.

As an aside, I have notified my company that I will not fly netjets trips if this situation arises. I feel I am in a position that my job may be spared and if it will help out some pilots, great, however.....you nj pilots should not be so arrogant to expect some pilots who make 2 or 3 times as much as you to lose their jobs for your cause. Many in the corporate world lost their jobs because you guys would do it for less.

NYR
Former base strike chairman of a former airline.

PS. I contacted ALPA to get their take on this, it was the first they heard of the situation. I'll post a response when I get one.

PPS. I truly hope you NJA guys get a great contract.

Last edited:
Capthuff said:
And while some may argue that a flying job making 27K is better then no job, you knew what you were getting when you ordered spagetti. If you don't like spagetti, don't whine about it, send it back and get something else.

and that about sums it up...all in favor, say "AYE"!

aw who gives a crap anyway? by the time the NetJets pilots and TSA pilots get done, according to them everyone will be scabs except for them.

NYRANGERS said:
Using netjets logic, if United were to go on strike, United (management) would have to try and make alternative arraingments for their pax. If United were to re-book their pax on American, the American pilots would be scabbing??????

I think the IBT needs to try again with their attmept to change the definition of "still collecting all benefits". Just because they think it will help their cause, does not justify changing long standing positions to suit your needs.....the IBT must not have much faith in the netjets pilots unity.

As an aside, I have notified my company that I will not fly netjets trips if this situation arises. I feel I am in a position that my job may be spared and if it will help out some pilots, great, however.....you nj pilots should not be so arrogant to expect some pilots who make 2 or 3 times as much as you to lose their jobs for your cause. Many in the corporate world lost their jobs because you guys would do it for less.

NYR

PS. I contacted ALPA to get their take on this, it was the first they heard of the situation. I'll post a response when I get one.

Very well put.

Last edited:
go eat some sh!t

You who open thread like this , should be dismissed from this kind of message boards forever!

You idiot why don't you first find out the meaning of the word scab and then if you think you have valid point, post it here. Nobody in this business needs guys like you.

I work for netjets and I love it!

NYRANGERS said:

NYR

Buy this man many beers!

Latest resources

Back