Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingairrick

Rare user
On the fractionals board, the Netjets union has decided that all 135 pilots who fly Netjets booked trips will be scabs if Netjets pilots strike.

I think it would be a good idea for some 135 guys to voice their opinions on the issue.

Here is the thread:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=53730

I believe that it is a bullying tactic by the Netjets union, and it offends me personally. Read the thread and make up your own minds.

I'm not trying to feed a fire, but I think the word needs to get out on this.

The NJ guys are out of touch with reality. Go the the NJ strike thread it has been beat to death over there. Basically the thread goes to, if you fly a NJ airplane while they ae on strike, you are a scab, if your company gets called for a charter and it is a NJ customer, you are not scab in anyone's eyes except a few misguided NJ pilots.

That's not how I understand it. It says that their local 1108 had decided that crews of 135 airplanes flying NJ selloffs will be scabs. The few voices of reality (ie. Deisel) have been silenced by someone. Read all the wway to the last few pages and it is stated that that is the officail position of the union.
Personally, I think the logic of the threat is flawed.

number one...having a trip assigned to you from your company is nowhere near crossing a picket line, hence the "scab" moniker dosent really apply here.

number two...knowing how many companies fly these trips now, and how many would be required if things did go that route, i dont see how anyone would be able to make any sort of list that had any meaning behind it whatsoever.

number three...i would venture a guess to say that even now, when pilots cover a NetJet flight, they dont even know its for them. all we know more often than not is just the pax names, origin and destination.

long story short...although it does suck to be in a position to have to cover a flight for them, im not exactly worried ;)

Last edited:
ya, great! I have no idea which company my passengers are with or used to fly with for that matter. Thats not info im sure dispatch would be willing to gie to crews.

i cant be crossing a picket line that i didnt know existed.

Let those losers call us scabs. In my eyes they are the real scabs for driving pay down across the board. I never want to work at a Fractional anyways, so I could care less how the feel about me. I am not the one that can barely feed my family. I will be out of my job if I refuse to fly a net jet trip, and what am I getting out of those idiots picketing.

Dude

Duderino said:
I will be out of my job if I refuse to fly a net jet trip...

...and then theres always that. why thats not brought up as a core issue on this side of the fence is beyond me :confused:

They scab corporate aviation for 10 years working for $hit wages then want everyones support so they can get off the food stamps they volunteered for???

yeah, you got my support "brother".

The sad part is that everyone seemed pretty supportive until they started throwing these lame, desperate threats at thier own industry....

oh well. good luck to em' -

:confused: .

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
They scab corporate aviation for 10 years working for $hit wages then want everyones support so they can get off the food stamps they volunteered for???

ya know, thats an interesting point...theres an awful large contingent of pilots out there that dont understand how one can take the job, then bitch about the pay when they knew what it was from the day they started???

this same contingent has never felt sorry for them and hopes they get better wages, but dont necessarily expect it to happen...

I wish the NetJets guys good luck, most have been great, but for the ones who are a-holes, and those who think that pilots on NJ farm outs are scabs, you all can suck my fat co*k.

Put me on a scab list...I dont want to work for the airlines anyway.

I hope making a scab list and putting me on it gets you half the pay I'm getting right now, biatches.

**This is only intended for the select few jerkoffs at NJA who are trying to bring the rest of us down**

Latest resources

Back