• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All 135 pilots should read.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't believe for a minute that the rank and file are going along with this. Most of the folks I know would never call someone else doing their job a scab. And all the union would do is take tremendous good will among pilots and throw it right down the toilet.

Has to be flame bait or something,,,

I also left this on the fractional board.

OK, listen up all you 135 operators:I think at this point you should do EXACTLY what NetJets union wants you to. Go to your company and suggest that they don’t take any NetJets sell-offs during a strike. Explain to your company that, long term, this is what is best for the 135 industry. If no one flies NetJets pax, some (or many) will sell, not renew, etc. GOOD FOR THE 135 WORLD. Believe me, they aint going back to airlining.

I find all this entertaining also, however, the rapid fire posts from the non-fractional guys is making us seem like a bunch of pansies. Leave it be. Let them flounder. It’s perfect!

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
I also left this on the fractional board.

OK, listen up all you 135 operators:I think at this point you should do EXACTLY what NetJets union wants you to. Go to your company and suggest that they don’t take any NetJets sell-offs during a strike. Explain to your company that, long term, this is what is best for the 135 industry. If no one flies NetJets pax, some (or many) will sell, not renew, etc. GOOD FOR THE 135 WORLD. Believe me, they aint going back to airlining.

Ace

I'll buy hidden video of the ensuing conversation with your CP from anyone who tries this...I'm bettin' that it will be worth $10,000 on sunday night ABC

F--K 'em!!! If I'm told to fly someone, I will, as will ALL of my co-workers. I'm just waiting 'til one of them says something to me, as they have to others I work with. A$$holes!!!

I guess that when Comair went on strike all the other Delta Connection carriers are considered scabs, since they flew would be Comair pax??? Absolutely NOT!!!

Last edited:
say again said:
F--K 'em!!! If I'm told to fly someone, I will, as will ALL of my co-workers. I'm just waiting 'til one of them says something to me, as thay have to others I work with. A$$holes!!!

I guess that when Comair went on strike all the other Delta Connection carriers are considered scabs, since they flew would be Comair pax??? Absolutely NOT!!!

Once again, you guys are so wrapped up with 'standing up' to NetJets, that you are missing my point. SUGGEST to your ops that having NetJets fall on their a$$ would be good for you long term. Q: Wouldn't you like 20% of their customers to leave and go to charter???

This is not a macho thing. I could give a darn what some union thinks I SHOULD do. But this is an opportunity to get back at the folks who want us to risk our jobs for them when they've taken a bunch of jobs from us. Don't you want to make this backfire on them?

Ace

I would expect that if any pilot crosses that picket line to take a job flying a QS tail number then he or she will be getting exactly as they deserve. A lifelong membership to scabs.com. However, if your part 135 company starts getting trips due to grounded QS planes I can't see any conflict there unless that flight department has a union and they wish to honor the picket line. To me, you are mixing apples and oranges. Most 135 departments that I know of are not unionized and compete very hard against one another. the rules and regulations of part 135 operators level the playing field for 135 operators, if you will, so all competition between 135 operators is somewhat standard. Maintenance, flying times, company structure etc. Part 91 operators have a different rulebook to play by as far as maintenance, flying times and company structure. although some 91 companies mimick the 135 rules, the important thing to realize is that when they deviate from them, they are not bound by them. As far as sympathy for the striking pilots, i am a fellow aviator and understand the stressful nature of their problem and if my company does a trip for net jets as a result of a strike, I'll make a point of letting Mr. Joe Millionair sitting in back be aware of the disparity in pay between the pilots and let him wrestle with the dilemna.

In the next few months I hope that Net Jets pilots and their union can resolve their issues and come to a fair and equitable solution for all.

English, do not worry ... I am sure you can find one truck driver who look past his IBT SCAB list and allow you sit jumpseat!

Now me on the other, I am screwed ....

Last edited:
Having been a union chairman and representative with many different hats at a few different airlines in a prior life I can tell you that any NJ pilot using the scab term as described above is out of line and incorrect. Also, I can remember at least a dozen different pilots I represented while being ALPA that are at NJ now and all they did is whine an complain without offering any solutions or help solving the problems, I am quite sure that a minority of the pilots are fighting for the majority with very little help and support but plenty of complaints when they do something that is perceived as wrong. They took the job knowing the details and have every right to negotiate better deals but don't blame others.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Once again, you guys are so wrapped up with 'standing up' to NetJets, that you are missing my point.

nope, i think we got it quite loudly (and in bold)...

Ace-of-the-Base said:
OK, listen up all you 135 operators: I think at this point you should do EXACTLY what NetJets union wants you to.

Last edited:
CaSyndrm said:
They took the job knowing the details and have every right to negotiate better deals but don't blame others.

and whats this...the voice of reason? we cant have insightful thought on a message board when we are being thrown under the bus!!! ;)

Latest resources

Back