• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All 135 pilots should read.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. I work for a NetJets approved-vendor (I guess I'm already a scab) and 90% of the time the flight crews don't know who they are doing a trip for. The reason I don't for an airline is to stay away from all this political BS. It is slowly becoming an embarrasment to be a part of this industry. There are so many good people industry and its a shame that threats like this need to exist.

The UPS pilot's Assn. tried this crap during their strike in the late 90s. The courts injoined them for it. The NetJets pilots will get the same.

I think the NJ guys really ought to reconsider their thinking on this.
Other 135 pilots may be sympathetic to your strike, but if my dispatchers tell me to do a NJ trip; I'm going to do it. Put me on your list and I'll remember that you did.

Anyone that calls me a scab can lick my f-ing d--k. Not that I really care anyway, because I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to work at Netjets. I support their cause, and their much deserved higher wages and better working conditions, but on the same token, pi$$ me off and I will react accordingly. I'm not flying a QS airplane, I'm doing my job, and am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with Netjets. So, I could give a crap less if some numbnut there calls me a scab.

Kingairrick said:
On the fractionals board, the Netjets union has decided that all 135 pilots who fly Netjets booked trips will be scabs if Netjets pilots strike.

I believe that it is a bullying tactic by the Netjets union, and it offends me personally. Read the thread and make up your own minds.

I'm not sure it's the entire union; just a couple of morons feeling a (bum's) rush of power. We all know that every flight department has a certain percentage of moron pilots who've mangaged, somehow, to keep it out of the weeds. In this case, the morons have taken to posting things about which they know nothing.

I've posted several identical questions several times on similar threads, and never gotten a response from the morons: Ie: Will they favorably hire 135 pilots who "honor" their strike and are fired for refusing an NJA trip? Will they also send money to said fired pilots?

The silence has been deafening.

They are morons.

C

Last edited:
Hmmm... Calling 135 pilots 'scabs' for doing the same job the day the strike begins that they were doing the day before. Pretty pathetic. I'd love to have somebody call me scab for flying with my part-time charter job if we happened to pick up a NJ customer. I'd have to tell 'em the same thing I tell every NJ pilot that I hear b!tching about his or her job (and that's been quite a few the last 2 years):
I once had a union job that I didn't like. I quit.

pilotyip said:
Basically the thread goes to, if you fly a NJ airplane while they ae on strike, you are a scab, if your company gets called for a charter and it is a NJ customer, you are not scab in anyone's eyes except a few misguided NJ pilots.

BUT....!! The OFFICIAL stance by the IBT 1108(the NJA pilots local) states that ANY pilot flying a QS tail number(including the NJI pilots, whom are non-union) AND pilots that are flying NJA sell off trips are scabs.

I agree that those flying NJA aircraft during a strike are scabs...the rest is BS.

Pretty pathetic. The 1108 has gone way over the top on this one, and they are showing that they care for NOBODY but themselves....which means that NOBODY should give a sh!t about them.

gern_blanston said:
I'd have to tell 'em the same thing I tell every NJ pilot that I hear b!tching about his or her job (and that's been quite a few the last 2 years):
I once had a union job that I didn't like. I quit.

That's exactly how I feel about it. The funny thing is that the operators that are flying these Netjets customers are actually approved vendors of EJM (Executive Jet Management). If NetJets doesn't have a QS-tail aircraft to fly the trip they call upon EJM to find an aircraft. EJM will fly that trip using an EJM-managed aircraft, or if unable, EJM will contract an aircraft from their approved vendor list. Maybe these NJ guys should take a hard look at their own company before lashing out at every 135 pilot.

Last edited:
So suppose they get this list, what are they going to do with it? Have in published and have every Teamster Represented passenger airline pilot carry the list and deny you access to the jumpseat. Oh! That’s right there any pax airlines represented by the IBT. Or you will not hired by any trucking company represented by the IBT. ABC charter at PTK could care less about that list. Most older pilots in the charter business could care less about this list.

Bummer...no more jumpseating on big rigs cross country.

Yeah, I can see now I really need to protect my future and not fly any NJ trips.

Yeah right.

Latest resources

Back