• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just got off the phone with an ANC FO buddy of mine who just got the call from the union tonight saying a certified letter was coming his way. ALPA told him that the company was only going to furlough 9 total. Sounds like bunk to me. How could they only do 9 people total? I guess the numbers game continues as the company works hard for hostages. More to follow, I'm sure.

You're right, it does sound like bunk. That is too low a number to make sense. If it is true, then the 9 is the first wave. There will be more to follow.

Just got off the phone with an ANC FO buddy of mine who just got the call from the union tonight saying a certified letter was coming his way. ALPA told him that the company was only going to furlough 9 total. Sounds like bunk to me. How could they only do 9 people total? I guess the numbers game continues as the company works hard for hostages. More to follow, I'm sure.

Not necessarily the first or any kind of wave. I am not going to stick my head in the sand on this one but I will realize that management has played this game several times. One guy I know of, last time they played the furlough game, got a furlough notice every month for several months but was never furloughed. They kept the charade up for months while negotiations were going on. I am going to wait and see if these guys are actually furloughed and then go from there. Nine does not make much sense.

Now that there 'may be' an actual number the union can mitigate it. This whole process is lame. I wish the Co would just give up and give in. Pay us the $$ and give us the QOL we're asking for and we'll go back to being the 'happy little pilot group.'

Oops - just read my above post - forget everything I said above about being happy!

Baja.

Furloughs here :(

Got the long awaited phone call today...management made the final decision to furlough 9 of us starting November 10th, certified letter is in the mail. Given that I am number 7 from the bottom, I will be out the door next month. Fortunately I had a class date lined up elsewhere. 8 are ANC and one is LAX based....none of us off probation yet.

Sorry to hear that you're getting furloughed. Good job securing a job elsewhere.

They may be doing you a favor in the long run. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Got the long awaited phone call today...management made the final decision to furlough 9 of us starting November 10th, certified letter is in the mail. Given that I am number 7 from the bottom, I will be out the door next month. Fortunately I had a class date lined up elsewhere. 8 are ANC and one is LAX based....none of us off probation yet.

What a load of horse sh!t!! Management is absolutely ridiculous. Furlough 9 guys---give me a f@*#ing break. What kind of financial sense does that make? These guys are nothing more than hostages. If (and I think it's a big IF) they actually get furloughed, I wish each the best of luck. I also hope that the rest of this pilot group sticks together and doesn't enable a damn thing!

It would only make financial sense to Angle Lake if they get the crappy contract out of us that they think they could get. Well, good luck Anglers.

No enabling here. Show up to work, do your job, and go home. Fly the contract.

Do your job and allow others to do theirs.

What a load of horse sh!t!! Management is absolutely ridiculous. Furlough 9 guys---give me a f@*#ing break.

Ditto - Of the 6 airlines, one charter co, one tour co, and one pvt flight dept I've worked for, this co has to have the worst mngmt of them all. These tactics may have worked 15-20 years ago - but now? I'm glad I get along with my c/p as I'll be riding bikes with him and he'll be getting an earful from all of us.

I feel for you bottom 9 guys - I'm sorry you left your last employer and put your trust in this group of morons.

I'm also sorry that I thought Tico and and maybe it was mach none, were way over board in expressing their displeasure with our mnmgt. You guys were right on!

Baja.

Its not a furlough. Its called hostage taking. They're just using these 9 guys to pressure the pilot group into another concessionary contract.

"You give us what we want and we'll give these guys their jobs back."

Its just so predictable.

Latest resources

Back