• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll pull a couple of numbers out of my arse, just like
the did over at corporate.

80 furloughs, 30 downgrades

VSA'ers will save the day!

I'm in the bottom 165, so I guess I'm eligible.

Here's my guess.....

No downgrades (costs $$)

Only furlough the junior ANC so as there are no displacements and no cost to this F'd up Co.

I'm in the bottom 165 and will LOA before displacement.

"I specifically remember the recruiter say I wouldn't have to live or visit the snow!"

It would be illegal not to unless I am mistaken.

I was told by a certain very smart ANC pilot that Alaska's planned furloughs doesn't trigger a WARN letter because it's not more than X% of the workforce.

I looked at the act, and it doesn't seem to have that loophole, so I don't know what he's talking about.

Okay, here's my idea. Instead of getting the furlough, I'm just gonna take the lump sum early retirement $100k and then go to NorthSouthCentralDeltaPublicWest and start all over. ;)

Nice try, but you have to be "eligible for retirement" per the side letter. So unless you have 30 years with Alaska or are 60 years old, then you are out on your arse....

My guess is 20 downgrades, 40 furloughs.

I am in the 165.

"I like how Alaska is like one big family. We all take care and look out for each other." Sheesh, what a load of crap.

I'm not sure but I think you might be wrong Green Banana.
According to one of the recent ALPA e-mails, the appropritate penalties would apply if you left early. here is the text:

If you retire before the normal retirement age, which is defined as reaching 60 or accruing 30 years of service, your final retirement benefit will be actuarially reduced accordingly. In other words, under this agreement the company will not credit you with the years of service necessary to provide you with the final retirement benefit that you would realize had you waited until the normal retirement point to draw upon the benefit.

I'm not sure but I think you might be wrong Green Banana.
According to one of the recent ALPA e-mails, the appropritate penalties would apply if you left early. here is the text:

If you retire before the normal retirement age, which is defined as reaching 60 or accruing 30 years of service, your final retirement benefit will be actuarially reduced accordingly. In other words, under this agreement the company will not credit you with the years of service necessary to provide you with the final retirement benefit that you would realize had you waited until the normal retirement point to draw upon the benefit.

The actual LOA states

"Early outs will be awarded to pilot eligible to retire per section 28.B.6.a [Normal retirement] and 28.B.6.b [Early retirement]."

28.B.6.a states "60th birthday or 30 years of service"
28.B.6.b states "no sooner than his 45th birthday"

So i guess you could run if you are over 45, but i don't think very many of the 165, including me, can.

Less than 50...

I'll bet a $100 song at Placers in Cabo on it...

:beer:

Latest resources

Back