• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The furlough number dropped down to 170 today.

I think it goes up and down like the price of oil. Or, a certain someone whose initials are GS can't keep his numbers straight.

We should have a furlough-meter, akin to those signs by national forests that show you the fire danger.

Okay, it's late and I have a couple of Fat Tires in my system.

The proposed 165 didn't account for the reduction in lines to 75 hours. With the reduction in flying lines, the new estimate was 85 pilots with the expectation that it would be reduced to about half that with early retirements and leaves of absences.

Lets start a pool.......we will need some one good with math to figure out the payout......payout must be in beer.....lets have a cross-divisional support group to define beer....we will need at least three managing directors of the pool and several division managers as well....We will see if the flt ops engineering people can hook us up with some cool toys like a beer hud and a keg raas and several complicated keg rnp approaches. We will need to get a group working on cool toy maintenance and also an outsourcing manager to outsource the maintenance of the keg.......My pool bet is 113 furloughs and 60 downgrades.....These numbers do not account for the following:
Early outs
Voluntary leaves
Anyone doing F@#king vsa
The rabid ramblings of the drunken canadian

So my winning number will be adjusted accordingly....now what did I miss........oh yea F#&%ck this place.......Oh yea..most important...you cannot be in the pool if you are not one of the furloughs or downgrades.....and you have to post which you are....
I am a downgrade...

Last edited:
50 furlough

20 downgrades

I will be furloughed, first round to go!

I'll join you shortly after. I hope those SEA guys learn to like the Arctic in the winter.

I heard that mgmt isn't going to give out WARN letters, either.

Okay, here's my idea. Instead of getting the furlough, I'm just gonna take the lump sum early retirement $100k and then go to NorthSouthCentralDeltaPublicWest and start all over. ;)

Latest resources

Back