• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Friend of mine got the call yesterday afternoon for early Oct interview. He went to the last two job fairs and I was emailing the HR people and going into their offices to see about them calling him. Guess it worked. HR told me that they were behind in gettting calls out and that they were going to start calling people for Oct interview dates. She showed me a stack of resumes that they got from the ORD job fair and she looked through them to find my friends. So I hope they will be calling others today or very soon. Hope it helps.

Old School 737

Got a call on September 18th for an interview. I had no contact with Alaska other than the ORD job fair, so can only assume that my conversation with the recruiters is why I got the call.

Anyone have a line yet on the next job fair / recruiting event / any possible way to talk to the HR folks in person???

Figure it's never to early to start stalking them again...lol.

Thanks...

I know that Alaska still goes to the OBAP ( organization of Black Airline Pilots ) and WIA ( Women in Aviation ) conferences. You can look them up on line. I heard it straight from Celeste ( The lady who does the hiring ) that your odds of getting the call are way better if you attend these conferences. Since I have an insight on this stuff, everyone please try to make it to one of these if Alaska Airlines is your goal. Even if your not black or a women, still attend. Your application goes up to the top of 5000 other applicants. The silver bullet thing seems to be in the air. It still helps to have one though. Alaska is looking for motivated pilots who show continued interest in there Airline. Attending these conferences are showing them you’re interested. I know one guy who will be getting the call this month for the interview because he went to one of these conferences. Before he went, he never had an application on file until recently and has never had a silver bullet. His application went from dead last to the very top. This is how Alaska is hiring. Good luck to you all.

Yep, attended the WIA conference this year, and I figure that's how I got my first interview, since I know no one there. Celeste told me the same thing about OBAP too... I was just wondering if those'll be the next events, or if there are any more smaller conferences like the ORD one. Thanks for the reply though!

Well, to me... it looked like 2 months from no contacts / no call to a call for an interview.

Did some of the WAI chicks look at me funny? I didn't notice. Maybe. Can't say I really cared. I payed my money and walked through the door just like everyone else!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back