• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, to me... it looked like 2 months from no contacts / no call to a call for an interview.

Did some of the WAI chicks look at me funny? I didn't notice. Maybe. Can't say I really cared. I payed my money and walked through the door just like everyone else!

Excellent point. Were there other guys there, or all women?

Yeah, seriously, there were many guys there. Lots of military guys actually... seems like word's out around the squadrons that WAI is THE civilian aviation job fair. And honestly, it totally was. I was there strictly to talk to AS, and left afterwards to get a jump on the drive home, but man, you can spend as long as you want there, and it's guaranteed one-on-one, hand-them-your-resume-personally face time with every company in the industry. I was SERIOUSLY impressed.

Good luck

Best of luck to all. 6000 hrs, 2500 PIC 121, check airman, chief pilot, 4 yr, raised and lived in NW, early thirties and flying a 737. I've attended the fairs and gotten responses like, "why do you want to leave AWA?" No, interview and I've finally given up. Still think it's a great place even if the hiring practices suck.

What a quirky freaking place...

That sucks HP.

Best of luck to all. 6000 hrs, 2500 PIC 121, check airman, chief pilot, 4 yr, raised and lived in NW, early thirties and flying a 737. I've attended the fairs and gotten responses like, "why do you want to leave AWA?" No, interview and I've finally given up. Still think it's a great place even if the hiring practices suck.

Maybe you are overqualified.

Going2Baja- Haven't had the interview yet, I tried to push it back as far as possible because I got a call from Continental the next week. If all of you reading had the option, would you choose CAL or AS? Thanks

But I thought Alaska only hires the best qualified pilot applicants for the challenging conditions in which the operate. WIA and OBAP?

It used to be the 'best' connected/related pilots would get in the door, times have changed at Alaska.

Depends on what you hold as important. If you want to commute to EWR or HOU then CAL might work out for you. Also if you want to fly something other than a 737 then CAL would work for you. If you want more money then CAL would work for you.
If you live on the "left" coast and don't want the commute, then ALK would work for you. If you want some challenging Alaska flying then ALK would be for you. If you want to work at a smaller company then ALK would work for you.
You get the point....it's what works for you.

Latest resources

Back