• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going2Baja- Haven't had the interview yet, I tried to push it back as far as possible because I got a call from Continental the next week. If all of you reading had the option, would you choose CAL or AS? Thanks

I was thinking about your question just the other week. I knew I didn't want to go back to NWA if I could help it. Something about going to the bottom of a CH-11 company that has recalled and then laid off again in a few months. As for CAL - they are growing a lot and just took over the 4th place from NWA. But I made my decision as Mamma said - I'm a west coast guy who DOESN'T want to commute to work. Also north south flying to Mexico destinations and ETOPS in the near future make Alaska the perfect company for me. I didn't have any apps in except for NJA and Alaska. And NJA played some games with me so here I am going to Alaksa in two weeks.

I think which ever company you choose will be a good choice. Both are solid and growing and profitable. Good luck in decision and if you choose Alaska make sure you drop a PM and I'll buy you a cold one!

Baja.

Welcome aboard Baja!

Glad to have another number below me on the list! I was in the 6/5/06 class. Any base preferences?

But I thought Alaska only hires the best qualified pilot applicants for the challenging conditions in which the operate. WIA and OBAP?

It used to be the 'best' connected/related pilots would get in the door, times have changed at Alaska.

Sounds to my like Alaska is looking for the best qualified pilots!! The "best connected/ related pilot thing" sounds like that inbreeding that goes on over at Frontier!! From an outsiders perspective, it seems Alaska makes it to all of the job fairs looking for the best qualified as well as the best fit for the company!! Nothin wrong with that!!

Sounds like everybody gets a fair shot, not just Jimmy Bob's cousins, brothers best friend Eddie, who has no PIC time, but is one of the good ol' boys!!!

The Alaska Airlines online application requests a cover letter. Should I address it to Tom Kemp (Chief Pilot) and what would be the mailing address? I'd like to make it as official looking as possible. Thanks in advance.

Fly2Scuba,

Yes, you should address it to Captain Tom Kemp. This is how my cover letter is addressed:

Captain Tom Kemp
System Chief Pilot
Alaska Airlines
19300 Pacific Highway
Seattle, WA 98188

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Baze

If they do prefer the PO Box, I didn't know about it. In that case, the address is:

Alaska Airlines
PO Box 68900
Seattle, WA 98168

Latest resources

Back