• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran's training house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...what a great country we live in...don't evaluate when yer s'posed to teach and don't teach when yer s'posed to evaluate...and techniques are techniques...and procedures are procedures...and who cares who or what you were before...bein a good pilot at AirTran is cool...takes a lil studying in training and from there on...if ya wanna be better than mediocre...

Last edited:
Secret to our "training" department:

Show up over-prepared, knod a lot, bite tongue often.

There are good guys here and not so good guys, but there is a severe lack of what I would call training here and it has led to some our problems (whats that loud irritating horn going off as we barrel down the runway on takeoff roll?) Learn everything you can from the check airmen you run into, because you won't be learning much beyond what is needed to get through your checkride at the schoolhouse.

And go 73

GT

I never had a problem with coach. He backed me up on every issue I had on the 717, even with a very senior check airman and an upper management guy. Never had a problem calling in or getting off a trip.
If you are wrong or try to work the system (SAP 3) he will call you on it.

Did coach scab?

Going through training at the "Tranny" is like being in a herd of gazelles running across the Serengeti, you're fine as long as you stay with the herd, fall behind.... well, we've all seen Animal Planet!

Going through training at the "Tranny" is like being in a herd of gazelles running across the Serengeti, you're fine as long as you stay with the herd, fall behind.... well, we've all seen Animal Planet!

Dude! If ya gets behind dem gezelles it like freaaaking stinks!!! But Ole Ty Guy sayz it be like smellin like hiz hunnies from Vegaz!!!!!

Tru Dat, Ty Guy, freaaking tru!

This is true until you show up for your "interrogation" . Then the little french man has ways of making you talk...
-don't tell me that a Marine is going to let that rattle him-

You pretty much just have to be faster than the slowest one.

Latest resources

Back