• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran's training house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
curious, whose the older 717 instructor with the 3 foot long wooden pointer slamming it on the FMA?

curious, whose the older 717 instructor with the 3 foot long wooden pointer slamming it on the FMA?

I think you mean a guy that whose initials are A and J. He is one of the best instructors in the department. He was an Eastern striker who got a nice star on his ALPA wings who later became a sim instructor at Delta before AirTran, proving that there is a diverse population of former Eastern pilots at AT.

I think you mean a guy that whose initials are A and J. He is one of the best instructors in the department. He was an Eastern striker who got a nice star on his ALPA wings who later became a sim instructor at Delta before AirTran, proving that there is a diverse population of former Eastern pilots at AT.
A.J. is top-notch.

A little intense, yes. Yelled at me? Never. Ever.

Gave me crap for missing some "gee whiz" stuff? Yeah, no big deal, and not confrontational about it. Learn it, write it down for future use, move on.

One of the best sim checks I've ever received - probationary ride. Very thorough, yet very fair. No complaints.

You must mean someone else...

thats him, when i was at alteon just saw him once with a couple of students and the wooden pointer slamming it on the FMA on one of the cardboard mockups.

yes, whose should be who is. thanks.

AJ was great. Very intense but he wanted guys to get through. I've seen him work with people on his off time and answer his phone from just about anywhere from a golf course to a boat on the lake to answer a question someone had about 717 systems. Good guy.

i have heard stories from our pilots / instructors hearing some AAI instructors yell at their students in brief/debriefs down in ATL.
...man, one of yer guys was rippin 2 poor souls this week:smash:...with the door open...I kinda felt for these guys...and it was preflite stuff...groundspeed zero...guess we all got'em...cheers!

Last edited:
A.J. is top-notch.

A little intense, yes. Yelled at me? Never. Ever.

Gave me crap for missing some "gee whiz" stuff? Yeah, no big deal, and not confrontational about it. Learn it, write it down for future use, move on.

One of the best sim checks I've ever received - probationary ride. Very thorough, yet very fair. No complaints.

You must mean someone else...
Agree, AJ did my checkride when I was at AAI and I thought he was top-notch too. Made me think - a lot!!! - but man does he know that airplane!

Latest resources

Back