• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran's $25 jumpseat policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots are the cheapest sunsabeeches on the planet. My pockets actually squeak when I put my hands in 'em.
Oh yeah, we like to argue a lot too. Because we're always right.
Seahorse...fine dude. If you want to roll that way then go, there's nothing stopping you. All you're doing then is dissing the capt. who, like FL717 has so eloquently and repeatedly said, has nothing to do with this policy.

I thought this topic was covered..... I guess everyones getting tired of picking on poor, old, little Southwest.

Hang in there AirTran guys!!!!! It will pass:beer: .

seahorse said:
After you pay the $25 for the "nonrev" make sure that you DO NOT stop by the flight deck. Just get on the airplane and take your seat. If you get any shi.t about it from the Captain or anyone else, ask for a refund. Treat it just like a nonrev. End of discussion.

Yeah! That will show them!

I thought this topic was covered

And this is surprising? Maybe there should be another forum like: The Forum of Redundant Threads Forum.

SWA/FO said:
I thought this topic was covered..... I guess everyones getting tired of picking on poor, old, little Southwest.

Hang in there AirTran guys!!!!! It will pass:beer: .

Oh, I thought it was the JB guys getting picked on all the time. :)

FYI: JB has unlimited jumpseats for pilots and F/A's, including the two extra F/A jumpseats in the cabin. (And no you are not required to clean the cabin afterwards)

I wrote in to ASA and ask that they too change our policy to bring in money to charge after the first jumpseat is gone to off line guys. Sorry, we need to make money too!! And we only take cash, like Airtran did at one time,?? wonder where alot of the money ended up? Since Airtran pilots don't mind us paying 25.00 bucks and that is fine with me--good deal--but be really to do the same to our airline!!! FLY SAFE!!

You cant be serious..?

Scarlet.... You should pay 50 bucks with a post like that .....

1.) AirTran DOES NOT charge for the jumpseat. There is ONE jumpseat rider allowed.... PERIOD. If that jumpseat is taken, you can non-rev for $25.00.

Question for FL717: I tried to get a $25 non-rev on AirTran out of MKE after Osh Kosh this summer and the ticket agent said there was no such program. I was totally confused since I had traveled on you before, both on the jumpseat and as a non-rev, and never had any problem. Was my mistake asking at the ticket counter out front? Should I have just gone to the gate? Any help would be appreciated.

Champ42272

The gate agent didnt know... apparently... Yeah... should have gone to the gate and tried to JS. Always ask for the seat.. Most times the agents wont charge. At least it has been my experience. ie Memphis-ATL.

I helped a fellow 'other airline' pilot out by listing non-rev. That left the JS open for a off line pilot without the pass fee. Northwest fellas did this for me lots back in the day commuting between DTW and MSP.

Part of the problem with the program is ... The Captain does not sign the form for the off line jumpseater at AirTran. So... If the agent gives the rider a seat assignment, the front office may not know what went on... We need to get that changed.. if we can?

I will contact the Jumpseat Committee and inquire. This has been a 'thorn' for a while. The pilots are not down for the charge.. but management didnt ask us? So, we do what we can to make it work correctly and in a fair manner.

Bout a two years back we tried to give United Captain back his 25 bucks because the agent charged by mistake. Ahhh Shiessss... Still sorry bout the mistake... He didnt care... was happy to get out of LGA.

Bottom line... Ask the crew.. They are good folks.. They will do what they can to help. Alot of commuters at FL and sincerely want to help folks get home to their families.

However, Most folks stop up and say Hi anyway and check in with the Crew.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back