• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran's $25 jumpseat policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Seahorse, just try pulling that disrespectful crap on my airplane and see if I don't throw your ass off. I've been down that road many times before and will say something. A few times while saying goodbye to pax I've noticed a pilot in uniform get off. As I would nod or say goodbye the guy/gal completely ignored me. As I followed them out the door I'd ask if they bought a ticket and the response was no. Then I would explain how things are supposed to work and believe it or not a couple of these people gave me attitude. So, by all means come on down and play your little game and see if I or one of my compadres don't leave you behind. By the way I don't like the 25$ policy either but it still beats the alternative. I've had a few nights when I wished a few other airlines had the same policy. I would have made it home to the wife and kids, and afterall, it's only 25$. That being said I hope the company gets rid of it.

Ty Webb said:
Not since you closed DFW . . . . .

I take the high road when I load up my plane with Delta pilots after being turned away from a Delta flight because some other OAL pilot got there first.

I would gladly pay $25 bucks to get home rather than pay $40. to the Wellesley to spend the night after being turned away at Delta, Chief. And the $25. is a non-rev pass available only to OAL pilots. If I use a Delta buddy pass, it costs money . . . yet is still considered non-revving.

Maybe you ought to think these things through before you make these assinine posts.
Last time I checked at correct me if I am wrong genius, but a buddy pass is considered a YIELD FARE. Not non-rev. If you take money at the gate that is considered revenue........I repeat REVENUE.........How more clear could it be. Maybe you ought to think things out before you post. Also when did I get hostile during my post, I had an honest question about a policy that I was unfamiliar with so I posted a question on an information forum.....IMAGINE THAT....Get a clue and do what you can to get rid of this worthless policy.

Salty,
Are you one of those 135 guys who plays Airline Pilot to get a jumpseat that you can never return the same even for $25 bucks?

TV9Driver said:
Jim Smyth, i'll add a disclaimer to my previous statement. This was pre-9/11 times, so things might have changed since then. I haven't jumpseated on SWA since '99.

Well this morning I went in and talked to our assistant Chief Pilot about this issue. He said he never heard of any Pilot having to pay for a Jumpseat on SWA. I then asked a half dozen Pilots in the lounge, 3 ops agents, 3 gate agents and we had a very senior flight attendant crew today. Nobody had ever heard of anyone having to pay for a Pilot Jumpseat on SWA. What the concenses was is that if you paid $25 you probably bought a pass and used that because we never charge for Jumpseats.

Its obvious that the Airtran guys dont like this policy. Hopefully down the road it can be a negociated item. SWA now has 12 out of 97 airlines on our Jumpseat list with unlimited Jumpseat capabilty and Airtran would be another good addition to that list.

When a non rev ticket is paid for, usually 100% of the taxes/fees must also be paid. How does that tie into FL's $25 jumpseat? IOW what is it really?

Is it $25 to jumpseat but its really non rev-ing? Then can any airline employee do the same? Will FL let a UAL gate agent or AMR ramper walk up and pay $25?

If it is limited to Off Line pilots only and taxes/fees aren't being paid then FL management is selling "unlimited" jumpseats.....

FLB717 said:
Salty,
Are you one of those 135 guys who plays Airline Pilot to get a jumpseat that you can never return the same even for $25 bucks?

No I already stated who I worked for several times.

twepilot said:
Ok I'll bite...whats a "yield fare?" Maybe I'll learn something...but I doubt it.

RV

A yield fare is a discounted ticket for friends and family, It is not non-revving and Delta makes a hell of a lot of money by selling empty seats.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back