• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airTran Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So which is it? a)Am I on Leave, b)did I fail 2-3 checkrides, c)did I get let go for cause, or d)did I not make it through training?

of course it could be e) all the above in no particular order . . . .
or could it be

That I'm sitting next to you tommorrow (with Ty's family in the back) thinking AIRTRAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I find it interesting that the xray has no posts for a year and all of a sudden comes out to slam his own company. Hmmmmm???????

Leave already, there's a line out there waiting to take your place.

Good idea

Last edited:
xrayojilp said:
So which is it? a)Am I on Leave, b)did I fail 2-3 checkrides, c)did I get let go for cause, or d)did I not make it through training?

of course it could be e) all the above in no particular order . . . .
or could it be

That I'm sitting next to you tommorrow (with Ty's family in the back) thinking AIRTRAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Or........ you're that homo crusty whose parents gave him a little extra allowance this week to sign up as xray and stir up some sh!t. Again, anyone else out there want to support this weak sister and second her comments?

xrayojilp said:
Uh, Noooooooooo.

P.S. Mr bottomfeeder, I am WAAAY senior to you! Also, no offense to military guys in general, I used to want to be one myself. But they always LOVE their company. My message is for civilian guys (who have a choice what to think).

ha ha ha ha ha

Ok, well you got me. I do have some support though. Got a PM by someone that said he had never witnessed such bad behavior (than at airtran) before and is really trying to get out bad. Anyway the six pack wore off.

Woo-hoo. 5 pages to this string, and you finally got one guy to hold your hand while you cry. Why don't the two of you get a room . . . . somewhere else.

If you hate it here so much, then for God's sake, QUIT! We don't want your miserable, sniveling carcass on board . . . and don't let the L-1 door hit you on the gerbil keeper on the way out.

It's so awful here . . . . in my 5 years here, I've been a Captain for two, with one month of reserve as an FO and one month as a Captain. I've never had to do the carpet dance, been downline drafted twice (not at all in the last two years). Don't know what you're even talking about. Don't go away mad . . . . just go away.

Actually this string's gone about 5 hours for the meaty part. Its actually quite remarkable that someone who has the same overall gripes as I do (bad behavior from management, some employees, etc) is on this board just now looking for another job. I wonder how many airtran people a day are out looking for other jobs for similar reasons. You are right though, (probably doesn't happen too often but hey!) I need to quit whining and send out some new resumes. The guy p'med me was even thinking of flying a light twin or something.

Ty Webb said:
Woo-hoo. 5 pages to this string, and you finally got one guy to hold your hand while you cry. Why don't the two of you get a room . . . . somewhere else.

If you hate it here so much, then for God's sake, QUIT! We don't want your miserable, sniveling carcass on board . . . and don't let the L-1 door hit you on the gerbil keeper on the way out.

It's so awful here . . . . in my 5 years here, I've been a Captain for two, with one month of reserve as an FO and one month as a Captain. I've never had to do the carpet dance, been downline drafted twice (not at all in the last two years). Don't know what you're even talking about. Don't go away mad . . . . just go away.

Ty Boy, take your own advice. "Don't go away mad,......just go away."

You think you know who I am? You don't, triangulate the seniority list all you want, I don't care. You are right about one thing, disgruntled is right. Dam_n right. People don't get disgruntled for no reason. When you are treated like an animal, with zero professionalism, whatever the score, it does tend to leave a bad taste in your mouth, especially when you realize that you aren't even special, this is status quo. You tend to get disgruntled. I don't know what company most of you guys work for, I'ts clear that I've NEVER been there, despite what either you or I say.

The only other reason that I've made any of theses posts (ok, besides the six pack) is that when I was trying to figure out what to do with my career I read you guys posts (Ty, 717, etc) and believed that FL was a good place to go. What I read made me believe it totally. (I'm not blaming you, was my choice and my life...) The fact is the company was and is a horrific hellhole and has been for 10 years (its not like you guys didn't have advanced notice.) Maybe things have started to get better, maybe much better, but its not there yet. (I mean by a freaking longshot, can't even see land on the horizon, holy moly. ..)

I stand by most of what I said here on this thread (except the BS I'm sure yu can figure it out) and I hope anyone looking at FL will read what I have to say and actually speak with several people about what the place is like before making a move. I did, but not enough people and not enough questions or I never would have made the move. If you read the posts on FlightInfo you are basically reading the Airtran Fan Club blog. The reality and the Fan Club are separate totally and very seldom do the two meet.

Now I will go away. Know you will all miss me, sniff sniff

Last edited:
Good luck in your job search. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but you made the choice, and at least while your still here, don't be a ******************************. Enjoy the flying, tolerate the pay, bid off as many days as possible, and don't be afraid to quit if it is really as miserable for you as you say.

It is not a perfect company. Everyone will agree to that. Is it worse then others, yep. Better then some, yep. Getting better, yep.

Again, good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back