airTran Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scabseeker...

You have entered into the childish banter of Airtran fo's. Ignore the commuter fools who think they have struck gold here. Unfortunately, these times have made this place an attractive option. If you choose to enroll with air transportations school house, get in a crash pad with a more mature group than those who regularly post here...ie hook up with some capt's (or hot fa's). Most of these individuals understand the problems with the current contact and are not merely happy with flying a big jet...which Airtrans are not. Or if this is not possible, stay at one of the local hotels for about $40 a night. Good luck.

Just in case this isn't flame bait...

Get a hotel your first night before class then check out the board in the upstairs break room in the training center. You'll find about a dozen crashpad sheets including many with phone numbers.

Shared rooms in crap houses with one bathroom and 8 guys but RIGHT BY the airport goes for about $150 a month (you can take a hotel shuttle to the airport and take your car home once training is over).

One of our mechanics runs a nice house about halfway towards Newnan (about a 25 minute drive to park in either the training center or employee parking lots) - he runs shared rooms for $150, your own room for $300. You can also find single rooms for $250 if you go further out.

There's also a crashpad or two at an apartment or condo with a pool which is nice once you're on reserve but they're all on the north side about 30 minute's drive or 20 minute's MARTA.

You really can't have a crashpad here without a car, there's NOTHING close by the training center except the hotel they recommended for the interview behind the Picadilly.

If you get the 737, you won't need a crashpad for very long - reserve is running a month or two on the 737.

Good luck,,,

Airline #5 please enlighten us all. Tell us how great you were when you flew your "BIG JET". Wow if I p.m. you will you put your autograph in my vfile. you are too great for this place, how do you stand it? I think Kalitta flies "BIG JETS" maybe you should call them. They'll probably send a limo right over, once they realize who you are.

Is it pronounced "Dumas"

Last edited:
Sorry for the about to begin flame war but my screename is an unfortunate victim of the new $10 policy. I signed up two years ago and picked this name to mess with a friend of mine. Of course now I am too cheap to pay for a new one. So yes there are scabs at airtran just like countless other places. I mean ALPA got over it with Continental, right?

airline#5 said:
Scabseeker...

You have entered into the childish banter of Airtran fo's. Ignore the commuter fools who think they have struck gold here. Unfortunately, these times have made this place an attractive option. If you choose to enroll with air transportations school house, get in a crash pad with a more mature group than those who regularly post here...ie hook up with some capt's (or hot fa's). Most of these individuals understand the problems with the current contact and are not merely happy with flying a big jet...which Airtrans are not. Or if this is not possible, stay at one of the local hotels for about $40 a night. Good luck.

Airline #5,

Can I have your autograph too? :rolleyes: You are an airline God. You have made all the right choices and have flown all the big planes, under the best contracts. Wow!!!

We are working hard on making this a better place to be. You gotta start somewhere and our current contract is better than a lot of airlines right now. So... what a great starting point! Please dont let the door hit you is the ass. Mr. L.

Airtran717

Last edited:
:laugh: Airline #5 don't even worry about these guys. They are what some would call politically sensitive about their company. I'd stay at a hotel also, you never know what you're going to catch in an airtran crashpad.:laugh:

Clarion Hotel.
Brand new, walk to the schoolhouse/sims, spotless, restaurant, pool, gym, $47/night. 404 768 9199

Uppercrust said:
:laugh: Airline #5 don't even worry about these guys. They are what some would call politically sensitive about their company. I'd stay at a hotel also, you never know what you're going to catch in an airtran crashpad.:laugh:

Especially since cursty's mom's been passed around the place a 1/2 dozen times!

The scab thing is really overplayed.

That isn't really the reason not to go there.

Its really, really, really, really unprofessional there. Its a crappy place to work. New planes don't change anything. Look at the history of the place. Look at the people who went there (with many exceptions of course). It was a haven for every loser in the world for years.

Don't go there for this reason.

Latest resources

Back