• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airTran Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that the history of survival in tough times? I guess so.

And all those losers you spoke of. Is that the ex-military guys? Ort is it the Delta retirees who are happy to be here? Or did you mean the ex-TWA, United, ATA or Independence guys. Sometimes I don't even like myself.:crying:

As I said, look at the history of the place. I really don't have any problems with the furloughed guys. But the eastern guys who don't give a crap anymore to be professional or even safe. And the people that came after them, the really f'ed up guys who never ever would have been hired anywhere else. Heck some of them are even a pleasure to fly with, they really bucked the odds, but I'm not talking about exceptions, I'm talking about the majority, the reality.

Don't go to airtran if you have a choice. (ie. Any job, no matter how bad you think it is, the grass is NOT greener on the other side). P.S. Don't believe the crap you see on this site about the company. There is something in psychology and human nature where the bigger the S**t sandwich you are given the more good you say it tastes. Maybe someone can help me out here with the psychological principle's name. The fact is, is that the only people who fit in at airtran and will stay are the one's that can, NEVER, go anywhere else. Everyone else will be disgusted and will flee with all dilegence. You never see the insane turnover stats on this board. We lose a ridiculous number of FO's (and even captains) every month. Someday one of these stats will be myself.

Bottom line. If you have a job or if you are furloughed and don't have a nearly starving family, don't come here. Its not worth it. The vicious environment, unprofessionalism, and harassment are not acceptable in any job. (Not even aviation)

Can you give some examples of the type of problems running the crews off? I was under the impression that it was a great place to work.
I was seriously considering Airtran. You can PM me if you want.

Don't believe that xray idiot. Only guys I know leaving were asked to (1s and 2s). Maybe he's one of them.

Life is good. Upgrade in less than 2-1/2 years. 16 days off with 93 hours next month.

Notice that catfish (by the way, isn't a catfish a "bottomfeeder") is on the 737. The worst of the harassment and ritualised abuse is on the 717. The 737 is known as the "cool" airplane to be on. It is almost another company over there, blissfully free of "Eastern" influences, it is run by former Airtran guys, (ie the florida company before Valujet). But Mr. Catfish knows what the company is really like. He probably started on the 71 as most people do. Otherwise he is an FO and he doesn't know what the F. he is talking about (It sounds like he is still savoring his S**t sandwich BTW). Besides any company is only as good as its people. Mr. bottomfeeder talks about upgrade times and hours flown. WTF does he think that has to do with anything? We are talking about a company that is supposed to be a career company. Sounds like just about any other regional. Like airtran, the best, or worst regional.

P.S. They were asked to leave? Makes you wonder why 10-20 guys a month were asked to leave? Sounds like an "Airtran" problem to me.

And I have another rhetorical question. Why are there so many "scab" posts on this board. Didn't that happen in 1989? Isn't that kind of a long time ago? Having the scab list (As I do, you have to have it working at Airspam) I know that there are scabs all over the industry at almost every company. Why does airtran get the bad rap? Partly its the percentages, but even that doesn't really apply anymore, most of these guys have long retired. Its the environment of absolute unprofessionalism and insane absuse that persists at Airtran, even to this day. Imagine Delta arrogance and ego combined with the idiocy of a typical regional. This is all carried on by the second wave of Airtran employees. The losers I spoke of previously. Those, who were so abused and grew up in such a disfunctional airline environenment and who were not big enough to create a more Southwest oriented company. They went with the TWE profile. Which was all they knew, or were capable of knowing.

Last edited:
Life is good at Airtran, my bet is that this guy had some trouble in training or he doesnt even work for Airtran at all. Because he doesnt have a clue as to what is going on here... If it was really that bad here WHICH IT IS NOT.. there would be a hundred more guys posting (who actually work here) going "man this place sucks" but there isnt, its just you. Every poster on here who works for Airtran, myself included, love it.

You probably belong there. It depends on what sort of person you are.

There are quite a few people on this board saying "Airtran Sucks" they are just talking too much about scabs and not enough about the company.

Last edited:
xrayojilp said:
Notice that catfish (by the way, isn't a catfish a "bottomfeeder") is on the 737. The worst of the harassment and ritualised abuse is on the 717. The 737 is known as the "cool" airplane to be on. It is almost another company over there, blissfully free of "Eastern" influences, it is run by former airtran guys, ie the florida company before valujet. But Mr. Catfish knows what the company is really like. He probably started on the 71 as most people do. Otherwise he is an FO and he doesn't know what the F. he is talking about. Besides any company is only as good as its people. Mr. bottomfeeder talks about upgrade times and hours flown. WTF does he think that has to do with anything? We are talking about a company that is supposed to be a career company. Sounds like just about any other regional. Like airtran, the best, or worst regional.

P.S. They were asked to leave? Makes you wonder why 10-20 guys a month were asked to leave? Sounds like an "airtran" problem to me.
If it is so bad, why are you here? Are you one of those loosers who can't get a job anywhere else? Where you unable to establish the kind of friends at your last job that might stand up for you at FedEx, SWA, etc? Maybe you have interviewed there, and were shot down. I guess its a good thing our standards are so low, according to you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back