• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just guessing..

Zero 737's
32ish 717's

What's your numbers?

Over the last 6 months I've heard 38 as a high number. As low as 12. All for International ops.

GK knows that SWAPAs main aim is to cokc block any gains to their "brothers" on the other side. Everything else is extra gravy.

I have flown with many Southwest east pilots that think Gary Kelly should resign.

Maybe Fornaro is available for the job??
Maybe?

+1 on "airline biz" comments
Most of you are proactively negative.
IMO, happiness as an airline pilot takes patience, an even keel, an ear to the ground, ability to read between the lines, and being proactively positive.

IOW- the opposite of most

Just remember you are NOT trapped by this job. You have lots of choices both in and out of your current employment.

Over the last 6 months I've heard 38 as a high number. As low as 12. All for International ops.

GK knows that SWAPAs main aim is to cokc block any gains to their "brothers" on the other side. Everything else is extra gravy.

Not sure I agree with your SWAPA comment, I think they would like everything to be wrapped up Dec 31, 2014 as written. Most likely not going to happen. Why would SWAPA want to miss the deadline?

Say/agree to one thing and do another. The Trannys kind of expect that. It's nothing different than we've seen for the last year and a half. What would you expect us to say, "We told you so"?

But hey, it's just business, get over it.

I'm just curious. I've posted and PM'd a few SWA folks here that I had concerns the transition timeline was not going to be met. When Gary announced the 717 going away neither SC or anyone here seemed concerned that some 717s would be on property in Jan 2015. Why the sudden "surprise" weeks after the announcement?

1. SWA will use are retirements to cover the 2015 dead line per SL 10. 2. We will have 737's coming from Boeing to bring those seats and the 36 717 will go to the desert temporarily till DL gets them. What a mess:(

Latest resources

Back