• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are looking to upgrade in 4+ years, work for a company that will live or die by it's own decisions, fly nice airplanes, etc...you will enjoy working for the company. I made a little over 150k last year(8 yr 717Ca) for you "lateral move" regional guys/gals.

Say what you will, this company will not invest in anything that does not get a return. They are not tied to a "mainline" anything. If you don't like to fly, look some where else. Show at the interview knowing we wear hats, push wheelchairs, pull tickets and fetch strollers, program the FMS and even -gasp- as a captain- do a walk around if it will help move things along. To base a decision soley on how contract talks are going is short sighted in my opinion. If this stuff makes you queasy you will hate it at AirTran.

Go with your gut. High cost structure airlines have always had great success. You should have no trouble finding one.

For me, I could not sign up again fast enough.

SHORT SIGHTED??? No, I've worked for two airlines where management has not cared about it's employee groups and this TA tells me that working for AirTran could be the third. And please don't make an inference that *gasp* I would have to work hard there. Working hard is all I know...

I made a little over 150k last year(8 yr 717Ca) for you "lateral move" regional guys/gals..

A decade ago that was a decent wage, for an FO.

I think that once the results of the Recall are out, and AP & MS are recalled, the momentum will be for voting the TA down. Once it becomes clear that there is a majority of pilots who are unhappy with the current NPA leadwership and the new guys running for office start preaching their fire & brimstone, the momentum will shift dramatically to this thing going down 75/25.

I am a junior captain on reserve, no one at my demographic or below should vote for this thing. It does nothing for people at my senority or below. This TA was written for the top 25%. Personally, I don't even try to talk to these guys. I concentrate on educating every FO and other CAs with in 10% of my senority.

Personally I don't mind pushing wheel chairs or grabbing the ocational stroller when I feel like I am part of a team that values my my contribution. When this insult of TA came out and all the stupid pet tricks the NPA have pulled since then, I recognize that I not not valued by either my company or my union and that new leadership is called for that will fight FOR the pilots rather that fight THE pilots.

GT

LEAR 70 FOR PRESIDENT!

You got my vote

You said it Island. I'm not at AAI, but this part of the industry does interest me, so I have been somewhat following this thread...

If ANY ONE PILOT on the AAI sen. list doesn't think Lear70 is an asset to the QOL and liveleyhood of everyone on that list, they're an idiot.

IMHO, from what I have read, Lear70 is fighting for everyones benefit, and regardless of your opinion on organized labor, etc., Lear70 is PRO-EMPLOYEE. And that's fast becoming a minority.

Lear70 has much to be proud of and everyone should be proud of his efforts.

I'd be honored to shake his hand, as it is obvious HE CARES ABOUT YOU!

good luck to all.

Thanks to all for their kind words and support.

This really is a difficult time for all of us here at AirTran. We came here with such high hopes of a "Southwest-esque" quality of life and management relationships, as well as making this a "career" stop, rather than just another resume entry.

It's not as "rosy" as we believed, but it's still a GREAT airline with a LOT of potential. Our resolve will be sorely tested over the next few weeks. We have to stay united with a common goal of a contract that benefits ALL of us while maintaining a viable, profitable company for decades to come.

Like other candidates who are obviously considering a campaign, I prefer to let the dust settle on the recall vote before I move forward. There's no need to put the cart before the horse and we've already seen where haste and rushing to get things out have gotten us.

I wish everyone a happy Labor Day Weekend. Please take a moment to vote, but then take the day to enjoy your FAMILIES; there's not much more important than that!

Fly safe,

Thanks to all for their kind words and support.

This really is a difficult time for all of us here at AirTran. We came here with such high hopes of a "Southwest-esque" quality of life and management relationships, as well as making this a "career" stop, rather than just another resume entry.

Lear this was the main reason I chose to come to AirTran. So at this point all we can do is fight and hope for the best. If we fail let the flood gates open and it will be time to move on.:beer:

Latest resources

Back