AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh:
Wow..... bums me out... not surprised at all... Ya got to be teflon if your gonna fight.....Y'all know that !!

They fired the Hotel fella for just trying to improve our Hotel standards... He got a little too 'vocal' and WHACK.....Hmmm....

Who's next.... The flogging will continue until we cave in... I think it just solidifies our resolve..

Oh... it is believable.... standard practice... I wish they spent the same kind of attention on fixing some our operational problems...

What ever happened to the PAB? (Pilot Advisory Board) Have'nt heard or seen them do anything? Maybe it never came to be?

Maybe you guys should hold some informational picketing down here. See link below for suggested picketing areas. Suggest Southern Breeze as a starting point for the march ending at Elliots Ct!
:laugh: :laugh:

http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt... 3286&trf=0&lon=-81.499393&lat=28.43477&mag=3http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?addr=8942+Elliotts+Ct&city=Orlando&state=FL&zip=32836-5029

Last edited:
:laugh:

Maybe you guys should hold some informational picketing down here. See link below for suggested picketing areas. Suggest Southern Breeze as a starting point for the march ending at Elliots Ct!
:laugh: :laugh:

Damm, Uppercrud, you ain't so bad, after all . . . . after looking at the Orange County tax assessor's website, I think there are a few other houses that we should visit, if and when it comes down to it. Thanks for the idea.

I was surprised to see that our "Fearless Leader" has a primary residence that is smaller and less expensive than ol' Line Swine Ty Webb's primary residence . . . . now, that's really funny. No wonder he is always trying to "lower our expectations" . . . . ;)

Last edited:
Damm, Uppercrud, you ain't so bad, after all . . . . after looking at the Orange County tax assessor's website, I think there are a few other houses along that route that we should visit. Thanks for the idea.

I was surprised to see that our "Fearless Leader" has a primary residence that is smaller and less expensive than ol' Line Swine Ty Webb's primary residence . . . . now, that's really funny. Maybe he should have kept that first wife afterall . . . .;)

No problema Ty Guy Webb. I am sorry about Lear 70 and all the harrasement.

Funny how all your scum bag leaders were all followers of Lorenzo and they all live in the exact same area, per the Orange Appraisal.

I wish you guys the best and I would not take the kinda treatment Lear 70 is taking. Gloves off.

Hey Lear, if they fire you for actually displaying leadership qualities and wanting the best, then you should be happy you only wasted 1.5 years here. They would probaly try to screw you on a check ride down the road anyway. They did however validate your effort, your famous now, and I think you will serve a valuable position in the future of the NPA. Now I know why AP chose the cash option(allegedly) vs having a PI follow him.
Atleast the PI did not post you on the internet nude doing the limbo w/ a drink in each hand, or maybe thats next. Good luck and advise if donations will be needed in the future. Are PIs going after sick calls next?

Lear, which you the best. Question though about the TA... Why does the hourly compensation max out to 15 or more years from 12 years where it stands now? I have not heard much chat about that.

Lear, which you the best. Question though about the TA... Why does the hourly compensation max out to 15 or more years from 12 years where it stands now? I have not heard much chat about that.
They ran CA pay rates out to 15 years and F/O rates out to 12 in the T.A.

Have no idea why the F/O longevity scale went that far out; the further out it goes, the further it shows a disparity between us and every other major out there and the odds of being a 12 year F/O here are pretty slim.

The CA rates went to 15 years in order to get the pay numbers up. There's a small group of guys (about 5% of the seniority list) who will be hitting their 12 year cap pretty soon under the current Agreement. When they do, they'll stop getting raises every year and, effectively, be making less each year as inflation makes the dollar worth less. THIS is why it's SO important for the yearly increase in each longevity column be AT LEAST equal to inflation. A 5 year CA at DOS +1 shouldn't make less, in today's dollars than a 5 year CA does at DOS (Date of Signing).

What they SHOULD have done was take all that extra money from years 13-15 and just lumped it all into years 10-12. All it does is dilute the yearly earnings across the earlier years, and the company hopes no one will stick around that long.

One of the reasons our pilot CASM is so low is because of how relatively junior our pilot group is. Over 70% of the pilots here have less than 5 years seniority, CA's included. Almost 90% of the pilots here have less than 10 years seniority. That's a more junior overall pilot group than even jetBlue, much less anyone else, which makes us the cheapest labor group of any major airline. Most of us are AT LEAST a decade away from seeing that max pay scale, so it cost the company very little to stretch it out like that, but it looks really good on paper, especially in the media.

Even if we obtained pay increases of 20%, we'd STILL be the cheapest pilot labor group of any major airline, which means we'd STILL enjoy a competitive advantage over our competitors.

Just food for thought.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for everyone's support!

Last edited:
Here's something for the senior "Oh, that won't affect me" pukes. My capt. is getting close to retirement and has 10 weeks of vacation banked. He can't find any language concerning or protecting his banked vacation in the newest TA. He also hasn't gotten a satisfatory response from his conversations with the NPA. I told him if it's not in writing then it's not protected. Is this another oversight by our crackerjack NC? VOTE NO!

Latest resources

Back