AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,
Again I appreciate all the good work. I'm betting the recall will go through. Also, I haven't spoken to one FO that is for this TA. So, with luck it will be put on ice for six months and then the FO's get you elected as the President of the NPA. I have spoken to quite a few FO's and every FO that I have spoken to really likes what you have done getting the facts out and showing us the Pros and the Cons. Maybe we could work a Virtual base or two that could help the 70% that commute out there. Lear for President.

Virtual bases have virtual rules. As long as the "virtual rules" are ironclad and help us more than hurt, I'm all FOR virtual bases.

The company, however, has heretofore not been very cooperative with any "rules" for a virtual base. If that were to change, I think they *could* benefit the majority of us. It's all in what the company chooses to do.

I appreciate everyone's support; we're all going to need to support each other more and more in days to come. One of my friends in the roadshow today told me that Skipper was STILL telling people that the T.A. Scope provisions are basically the same as current book. No, I'm not kidding.

We have a long way to go to make sure that EVERY pilot knows the truth, so continue to spread the word, pass copies of the 2-page rebuttal bulletpoints to everyone you meet, and hopefully we can educate those who are buying off on the misinformation.

Fly safe!

yeah right skipper. keep living in the closet. new scope courtesy of you. Unlimited turboprops and 70+ 86 seat rjs. 20% of the ASMs for commuter/express jets stayed the same but nothing else. watch our flying/growth/upgrades get farmed out. i hate rjs. i was in pit this trip and it is a rj parking lot. how the mighty cities in the rust belt have fallen. i grew up in pit and it is just depressing every time i fly into that airport.

One of my friends in the roadshow today told me that Skipper was STILL telling people that the T.A. Scope provisions are basically the same as current book. No, I'm not kidding.

Two days ago he was telling people that the max number of RJ's in the TA is 25...TOTAL.

Why should we allow ANY flying done by someone other than pilots on OUR seniority list???
Why do we have to accept 25 RJ's or 20 % ASM's?? The scope section should read as follows:
All flying done under the AAI holdings company or an anyway affiliated with Airtran should be flown by pilots on the NPA senority list. Period.

If management doesn't 'intend' to use RJ's this should be an easy sell in negotiations.

Look at Delta, if you were to fly them domestically only, you have a better than 50% chance you would never be on a 'Delta' jet... all RJ's

Is this what we want?

TA2= NO

Fix
SCOPE
Fix
Work rules

QUALITY OF LIFE!!

*sigh*
Ok I feel better, so is running for BOD now?!?!

Why should we allow ANY flying done by someone other than pilots on OUR seniority list???
Why do we have to accept 25 RJ's or 20 % ASM's?? The scope section should read as follows:
All flying done under the AAI holdings company or an anyway affiliated with Airtran should be flown by pilots on the NPA senority list. Period.

If management doesn't 'intend' to use RJ's this should be an easy sell in negotiations.

Look at Delta, if you were to fly them domestically only, you have a better than 50% chance you would never be on a 'Delta' jet... all RJ's

Is this what we want?

TA2= NO

Fix
SCOPE
Fix
Work rules

QUALITY OF LIFE!!

*sigh*
Ok I feel better, so is running for BOD now?!?!

What he said!

Virtual bases have virtual rules. As long as the "virtual rules" are ironclad and help us more than hurt, I'm all FOR virtual bases.

The company, however, has heretofore not been very cooperative with any "rules" for a virtual base. If that were to change, I think they *could* benefit the majority of us. It's all in what the company chooses to do.

I appreciate everyone's support; we're all going to need to support each other more and more in days to come. One of my friends in the roadshow today told me that Skipper was STILL telling people that the T.A. Scope provisions are basically the same as current book. No, I'm not kidding.

We have a long way to go to make sure that EVERY pilot knows the truth, so continue to spread the word, pass copies of the 2-page rebuttal bulletpoints to everyone you meet, and hopefully we can educate those who are buying off on the misinformation.

Fly safe!

I don't directly have a dog in your fight, nor do I even necessarily know if you're "right or wrong", but I have to say that you're doing an impressive (and tremendous) service for your peers. I hope the Airtran guys get the contract you deserve. Good luck.

I don't directly have a dog in your fight, nor do I even necessarily know if you're "right or wrong", but I have to say that you're doing an impressive (and tremendous) service for your peers. I hope the Airtran guys get the contract you deserve. Good luck.
...Hey UAL...how long ya been with UAL...what'cha flyin...had a really cool guy jump from PNS-ATL on his way to ORD...spent 98-01 workin/livin in Chicago buildin a dispatch for a coupla airplanes when I was in the military...learned a TON about airline issues...and way past TA issues...as a blue collar dude who works his arsz off...what is your unadultered view of what you see on the string...okay, make it...adultered...I had some great times working with yer best dispatchers...went thru the 757 Capt's course too at TK...just wondering about yer outside views...cheers!

Latest resources

Back