• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got a email from the union. Only 50% of the pilot group has voted for the recall. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

Get your sorry butts on the phone/online and vote. It takes about 10 minutes. No arm twisting from me and how to vote...just vote.

My mail is running 80/20 in favor of personal attacks. . . . . and it was meant partly in jest. ;)

I don't have the problem with the personal attacks, I just want you to have the correct person referenced. If it was me, than I can deal with a rebuttal. But I don't want the by-standers to think it was me you are talking about.

It wasn't me. I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. :)

Get Out and VOTE ! ! !

I got the email too. I think he means that he's calling BS on the union that only 50% have voted so far.

I wonder if that number includes me voting once a day . . . and twice a day on Fridays and Saturdays.:beer:

YES YES NO

Vote early and vote often ! ! ! Gitr dun ! ! !

My mail is running 80/20 in favor of personal attacks. . . . . and it was meant partly in jest. ;)

It's cool Ty. I know who you're talking about.

Excuse me. I have to....GO-FART...

So has anyone been to a road show yet? I'm planning on attending Tues. but was courious to hear what's being said. Is the NPA selling this TA as hard as they were the last time?

I flew with a guy this week who was thinking about changing his "no" vote to a "yes "vote. I showed him the rebuttal points from Lear and he was swayedd back to the "no" side. Aparently a lot of guys are worried that this will drag out another year or so and we won't do any better. While it drags out they'll be losing a lot of potential money.

While I understand this concern I think it is the wrong way to approach this. The long term dangers of this TA far outweigh any short term money gains or losses.

I would urge us all to get out there and educate everyone about the pitfalls of this proposal. Are you flying with someone who thinks "it not so bad, I think I could live with it"? Show them the rebuttal points. It's very effective. While it's tempting for some of the more senior guys to want to take the money and run, when they see the big picture of how dangerous some of the work rules are in this thing they seem to reconsider their position.

I still think in the end this goes down 75/25 against but it's up to us to keep the pressure on. Let's vote this down hard, and empower the new leadership for the next round.

Good luck to us all.

How do you educate this guy?
Top 100 on the list, 717CA.

"I need a raise." "I don't care about the junior guys, I don't care if we ever hire another pilot, or for that matter if we furlough. I don't care if we park all the 717's for RJ's, I'll just go to the 737." "It doesn't affect me. I just want more money."

I'm glad to hear you say that, Guppy. I'm just glad people like you are getting the "word" out and people are listening.

The bottom line is, the worst that can happen is we stay AT CURRENT BOOK and continue to negotiate. The CA's only get an extra $10 bucks an hour. 85 hour average credit = $850 a month, $10,020 a year, minus 35% taxes, dues, etc = $6,500 for the next year they lose while we continue to negotiate.

Is $6,500 worth the loss of Scope, insurance, door-close, and scheduling rules?

The F/O's shouldn't even be THINKING about it - it's only worth about $300 a month after taxes for us, and we're the ones who stand the most to lose for Scope, slower upgrades, and reserve rules once we DO upgrade.

Fornaro's letter should help anyone who's on the fence about Scope:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]One result is inescapable. If AirTran cannot grow profitably, we will slow our rate of growth. Take a look at the other non-legacy carriers... Frontier has hit a rocky road trying to compete against Southwest and United in Denver and is counting on its future growth coming from a new entrant subsidiary.

A little history lesson: Frontier USED to have roughly the same Scope restrictions that WE did. The SECOND they let them go, Frontier started planning for growing a regional carrier. Within a few months, Q-400's were ordered and started arriving and "mainline" Frontier growth came to a SCREECHING HALT!

Bob's statement should say enough to EVERYONE about the dangers of Scope, and that comes from OUR CEO!

Then we have this gem:

ATA has shrunk its domestic operation to a fraction of its former size. Even Southwest Airlines has announced reductions in its deliveries as it has been unable to achieve its financial targets.
So, if we don't meet our financial targets, regardless of whether the T.A. is ratified, we will slow our deliveries just like everyone else?

That's great to know in advance. If I get stuck on F/O pay for a lot longer than planned, might as well be with our CURRENT work rules OR with a T.A. that gives us AT LEAST industry average pay OR BETTER!

Like Guppy said, voting it down hard is the ONLY way to empower the next leadership group to go in and get a contract YOU DESERVE!

Vote now, vote No. Thanks for your solidarity!
[/FONT]

I just voted a big "HELL NO" to TA2.

Lear 70 is right on the money in everything he has done for us. Intelligent, well-spoken, a visionary, and calls it like it is.

Is there any doubt as to who we need to be the new union president?

Lear 70 (R.M.) for NPA President! Start the campaign Sept. 6th!

A leader like this comes along once in a blue moon. We need to circle the wagons gentlemen and get him elected by a landslide. We also need an equally talented V.P. to stand with him.

After this comes the appointment of a new Negotiating Committee followed by the disbanding of the rest of the worthless BOD. Are you listening Rico? You're first on the list.

Is there any doubt as to who we need to be the new union president?

Lear 70 (R.M.) for NPA President! Start the campaign Sept. 6th!

Exactly!!! He's got my vote.

Latest resources

Back