• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
25 RJ's (not really RJs, but rather EMB190s) equals about 300 crew members....about 1/5 of our entire airline!!!!!!!

you are right, they tried this before, with 50 seat RJs that cannot make money. This time around it will be with 86 seat EMB190s that DO MAKE MONEY!!!!! Klaus himself said that we can't compete with JetBlue's EMB190s... the fact that they took away the 100 seat pay scales just means that they have absolutely no intention of having AirTran pilots fly them!! They will be here though, that is a certainty.

Why are people agreeing to a contract that takes concessions from a previous TA that was CONCESSIONARY????????

If you vote for this TA, you are throwing EVERY f/o and every pilot that is or will be on reserve under the bus for your COLA -1% raise. I can see that the Eastern scab mentality is in full effect here at AAI.

One last thing to chew on....

Currently a 4th year Captain on reserve makes about $121,251.60 a year.. (112.27x90 hoursx12 months)

Under the new TA a 4th year Captain on reserve will make $103,185.60 (122.84x70 hoursx12 months).

So over 15% of our pilots will be taking a 30% paycut, but NO, this isn't a concessionary contract!!

Last edited:
Just read the company letter. Fonaro should have said, hey marry my ex wife no no you will love her. she's not crazy I swear.

If the junior guys don't mobilize and get the word out to vote no, this turd will pass.

Keep in mind that Scarlet is at ASA. No need to waste your time explaining the TA to him or why we should vote no.

Scarlet, go feed your mule.

Did you guys read THE WHOLE contract??
Yes. The whole thing stinks.

There's concessions in almost EVERY section. Which begs the question:

"Did YOU read the WHOLE T.A.?"

Seriously, if you haven't, the full rebuttal will be up tomorrow, and there's over 30 pages of concessions, just for a small amount of pay increases.

Why should we give up concessions in a time of record profitability?

YOU are not southwest (450 aircraft to 130 aircraft) !
If you like SW GO THERE !!!
Actually, Southwest pay, when adjusted for current day dollars, back when Southwest WAS at 130 aircraft, is MUCH higher than this T.A. with drastically better work rules.

But you missed the entire point, which was not that we expected Southwest PAY (which I never have said) but, rather, that we heard positive things about the work relationship AAI management had with its employees and were looking forward to a positive mutual relationship moving forward in the same path that Southwest traveled.

What stinks--you make more than a 777 captain at DAL CAL UAL....
*sigh* Again, are you going to use FACTS, or are you going to tell more LIES? I've had enough of your rants which lack FACTS and have only BASELESS EMOTION. That's right. BASELESS, as in COMPLETELY DEVOID OF FACTS.

Delta max 777 CA pay comes at year 12 at $188 an hour. In fact, it starts at year 1 at $173 an hour. Our Captains can't even make $173 an hour until YEAR 15 at DOS. 3 years from now, our CA's will top out at 181.22 an hour. DAL CA's make that NOW at year 7, and top out at $188. We never get there.

CAL Year 2 Widebody CA is, again, $176 an hour, and our 15-year pilots don't make that NOW. 3 years from now, when our CA's are making $181.22 an hour, CAL Widebody CA's will make $189 an hour. We never get there.

UAL 1st year B777 Captains make $172 an hour, we don't get there until year 15. They cap out at $184 an hour. WE NEVER GET THERE.

Please get your facts straight before you come on here yelling at us.

You don't always get everything in a contract!! It is NEGOTIATING...you get something the company gets something back...THAT is how it works!!! The company is not going to give each and every little demand !!
No, that's NOT how it works. You obviously have never negotiated before.

If a company is profitable, the FIRST thing that is AUTOMATICALLY GIVEN is Cost-Of-Living-Adjustment raises. For EVERYONE. Period. There is absolutely NO reason to have to "negotiate" just to keep your standard of living and CURRENT contract QOL items if the company has been profitable under them.

Once that's done then yes, it becomes a give-and-take. WHY would ANYONE take concessions from their current work rules with a company POSTING RECORD PROFITS? Are you INSANE?

You want new airplanes
You want new buses to ride on
You want a huge raise
You want new tugs
You want more rampers
You want to grow to new cities

I know that is your LIST !!
Who the heck said anything about buses? Or tugs? As long as they work and they're safe, I don't care how old the equipment is. Where did you get that "LIST"?

If airtran wants to hire MESA to come fly 25 aircraft and lose the ability to control those flight when they cancel and can't schedule anything right..AIRTRAN MGT. would be stupid to let someone else run their flights, it would not be long and they would cancel that crap, they tried that already=IT WAS stupid and Airtran MGT saw that!!
You don't get the "big picture" here, either, do you?

Management didn't cancel their agreement for the 50-seaters because they didn't have control, they canceled their agreement because it was UNPROFITABLE with a 50-seat jet.

I have the 50-seat CRJ cost analysis from Bombardier. You cannot run that aircraft profitably on today's yields. You CAN, however, run a 70- and especially a 90-seat aircraft (reconfigured for 86 seats) VERY profitably. Arguably more profitably on a seat-mile basis than the 717.

Ask yourself why ANY management team fights SO HARD for Scope concessions if they really don't want them?

The answer is: "THEY DON'T". The company has a REASON they've pushed so hard for Scope changes. You'd be a FOOL to believe there isn't a Master Plan that doesn't involve anything the company has pushed to change.

I say it will pass by 55-60%.
I'll take that bet. What are the terms?

Ran into one of the BOD yesterday. I told him that it was still a no vote for me. I refuse to sign a concessionary TA in years of profitability. He was scared that we had no merger protection, that and the whole thing about the FA's did'nt get any improvement blah, blah blah. We ended on the note that I should not vote with my emotions! Last time I checked FEAR was an emotion. I personally would rather vote on pride and integrity than fear.

P.S Shouldn't we change the Contract 2005 union sticker to UNfirm,UNfocused, and UNfair?

I would rather make 150k for ten years than get "industry leading pay" until we shut down.

Those aren't the only two choices.

We're not looking for "Industry Leading Pay". . . . . we work for a profitable company we have helped build, and we want to be compensated as such.

Just read the company letter. Fonaro should have said, hey marry my ex wife no no you will love her. she's not crazy I swear.

This letter should be a "Wake-up Call" to anyone that thinks that things are going to be better after Leonard and Kolski take their millions and bail out of here . . . . .

Ran into one of the BOD yesterday. I told him that it was still a no vote for me. I refuse to sign a concessionary TA in years of profitability. He was scared that we had no merger protection, that and the whole thing about the FA's did'nt get any improvement blah, blah blah. We ended on the note that I should not vote with my emotions! Last time I checked FEAR was an emotion. I personally would rather vote on pride and integrity than fear.

P.S Shouldn't we change the Contract 2005 union sticker to UNfirm,UNfocused, and UNfair?

There is a part of me that wonders if he might be right when he says we might very well end up voting for essentially the same thing in another 18 months if we vote this one down. I especially think we might be in for a long wait if it only fails by a small margin. If it is going to fail - it needs to fail big...

Latest resources

Back