• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran T.A. = Vote NO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's just not the same without the marquee trumpeting "Cold beer and dirty girls!" at the "New" Frontier.

With its green shag carpeting and fake gold fixtures, it was quite the time capsule . . . . . .that place needed a good dynamiting. . . . . .

i haven't been to the frontier since the mid 90's. are the 6 or so hotel workers still on strike/demonstrating outside the back parking lot? i had heard they were on strike for at least 10 or so years.

i'm betting they're calling it "insurance fraud" and that is their "reasoning". any type of "fraud" is a fireable offense since it is considered theft.

True, and that might be justified if he had actually been charged with fraud. Neither the airline nor the insurance company have pressed any charges against him. The arbitrator will find that interesting.

True, and that might be justified if he had actually been charged with fraud. Neither the airline nor the insurance company have pressed any charges against him. The arbitrator will find that interesting.

i am sure his lawyer has thought this through (and still is thinking it through). i hope the word "punitive" is in the lawyers vocabulary as this appears (albeit not to flyfast) to be selective and targeted enforcement.

does anyone know how "at will" employment factors into this??

RV

Being that he's no longer on probation, he's no longer an "at-will" employee. His employment is governed by the CBA and the RLA, so at-will employment doesn't apply as it does to most jobs in the state of Georgia. Assuming that the company doesn't back down at the system board, the issue will go on to an arbitrator. The arbitrator will be tasked with deciding whether the termination was in compliance with the law and the CBA, and whether it was a "reasonable" level of punishment for any offense that he finds was actually committed.

Not Trying to hijack this thread but the name on it is "AirTran T.A. = Vote NO"
There is less then 24 hours to go, so if you have not voted please VOTE!

Unless you are planning to vote YES then please wait until tommorrow at aprox 12:01 Eastern Daylight Time to cast your vote.

GT

Vote NO, Vote Often!

......... (albeit not to flyfast)

That's not what I said. I just said that maybe it should be CONSIDERED that there is more to this than meets the eye right now. Get it??

That's not what I said. I just said that maybe it should be CONSIDERED that there is more to this than meets the eye right now. Get it??

can you put the ENTIRE quote?

i hope the word "punitive" is in the lawyers vocabulary as this appears (albeit not to flyfast) to be selective and targeted enforcement.

if you think it should be considered that there is more to this then you do not think this appears to be selective and targeted enforcement.

can you put the ENTIRE quote?

if you think it should be considered that there is more to this then you do not think this appears to be selective and targeted enforcement.

No, I'm saying that it might just be that. On the other hand, it might not. That's what I'm saying. I don't know enough about the specific details to make that determination.

Oh, and I think you said it all above...."APPEARS to be targeted and selective"..... it does APPEAR that way. That doesn't mean that it IS.

Fact:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact

Opinion:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

Last edited:
GT, I agree.

/thread drift.

14 hours left until voting is done. Spread the word, get your coworkers to get out the vote!

:beer:

Latest resources

Back