• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran recalls all furloughed today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing is out officially yet. The facts so far is that around 100 of the 169 have been offered recall. The approx. 69 still left are "rumored" to be recalled in Spring, with hiring to commence in Summer.

For clarification, a union contract never "expires"; it becomes "amendable". We are almost 4 years beyond our amendable date. Current contract is still in force.
Yes, always trust a -8 guy to know the real skinny!

Another question for you....I listened briefly to the latest investor web call and they said we will have a net decrease of 2 aircraft for the year 2009 and no additions in 2010. Is that correct or did I hear it wrong. I suppose all the growth could come through better utilization?

Another question for you....I listened briefly to the latest investor web call and they said we will have a net decrease of 2 aircraft for the year 2009 and no additions in 2010. Is that correct or did I hear it wrong. I suppose all the growth could come through better utilization?
Arne Haak said we started 2009 with 136 aircraft and plan to end the year with 134. We are taking 4 deliveries this year (2 are Boeing strike delayed aircraft that were supposed to be delivered December 2008). Arne said Airtran plans on getting to 134 aircraft through additional aircraft sales. He then went on to say that no further deliveries are planned right now until 2nd quarter 2011.

With a planned 4% reduction in ASM for 2009, it makes you wonder why everyone is being recalled. Maybe management feels there is going to be some additional major domestic capacity reductions announced this year and want to be in a position to capitalize on them.

Good news is that our January load factor was up 5.8% versus January 2008 numbers. Arne said Airtran was predicting 1st quarter RASM to be in a range from +1% to -2% and fuel prices around $1.80-1.85/gallon. When you take a basically flat RASM projection with those fuel prices, it makes it difficult to see poor first quarter results.

You are a MAJOR tool with a little man complex, so I geuss you're in the right place.

Ronny, baby, don't feed the troll; this is much too important a thread. "Dudes" best work was the one where he told the UPS pilots that the Mgmt pilots were far superior...if you listen closely you can still hear them yelling from the Cargo forum!

instructordude is around the best "troll" on the forum....along with Tanker.

It's amazing who they get to bite.

Good for the FL guys on the recall....it's always great to hear good news in these times.

Ronny, baby, don't feed the troll; this is much too important a thread. "Dudes" best work was the one where he told the UPS pilots that the Mgmt pilots were far superior...if you listen closely you can still hear them yelling from the Cargo forum!

I agree, that was hilarious. Thanks for reminding me and providing my morning laugh. By the way, good to hear about the recalls.

Latest resources

Back