• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And thank swapa for providing an avenue for you to sue swapa as well as alpha if you're at all unhappy with the way the final days of the SLI went down.

:nuts:

We have plenty of sue happy types here that would do it in a minute. Right now we've got a group suing because ALPA followed the bylaws that the membership voted overwhelmingly in favor of but they didn't like the outcome after they paid no attention til it was too late.

How subjective of you guys-

Anyone care to actually answer?

Like I said, wave, that's old news. I used to know those numbers inside and out, but I haven't looked at them in years. If you want a WAG, DOH probably would have been about half the seniority hit we actually took.

You should keep in mind that Wal Mart greeter thing for when you retire, though. The people of Wal Mart are also your passengers, so you'll feel right at home.

Yeah, real funny. I'm glad you will never sit in the seat of a Southwest Airlines cockpit since you have a very juvenile wit about you, and it does not convey a level of maturity of an typical airline pilot. Just a guess, but I'd bet your High School education came from somewhere in the DEEP south.

Freightdog's opinion is not at all uncommon among the disenfranchised AirTran pilots, myself included. You can't piss all over a select group and expect any allegiance whatsoever.

Sorry, right or wrong, but that's the way it's going to be, and it's a direct result of the actions of SWAPA and management. To expect even a bit of locality at this point would be ridiculous.

That's cool, I get I get it. just don't get too upset when I don't look your way in the crew room or say hello to you in the jet way. I get what you guys have been through, what I don't get is the constant whining, "that SWA pilot did not say hello, this SWA pilot wont shake my hand) Grow a freeking pair you guys want be a holes no problem just expect the same treatment back!

Yeah, real funny. I'm glad you will never sit in the seat of a Southwest Airlines cockpit since you have a very juvenile wit about you, and it does not convey a level of maturity of an typical airline pilot. Just a guess, but I'd bet your High School education came from somewhere in the DEEP south.

I understand that you have issues with PCL, but why do you feel the need to insult an entire region of the country? Are you that insecure?

Serious question...

I just got a Fedex pkg from SWAPA, basically saying please pay us dues as we will represent you soon. I've got no problem with that as I'd rather pay anyone other than ALPA. It is asking me to select either "Association Dues," or "Agency Shop Fees." It is the same percentage so what is the difference?

Phred

Voting rights.

I understand that you have issues with PCL, but why do you feel the need to insult an entire region of the country? Are you that insecure?

Fair enough, just the public school system in the DEEP south.

Originally Posted by -9Capt
Freightdog's opinion is not at all uncommon among the disenfranchised AirTran pilots, myself included. You can't piss all over a select group and expect any allegiance whatsoever.

Sorry, right or wrong, but that's the way it's going to be, and it's a direct result of the actions of SWAPA and management. To expect even a bit of locality at this point would be ridiculous.

And you're dreaming if you think any SWA pilot hired after 2001 is going to look at the deal you guys got as anything less than a lottery win without even having to buy a ticket. You should be buying the swapa NC drinks on every overnight. Had they hard lined this deal there's a great chance none of you would even be here. Once the cat was out of the bag on the 717 there were going to be pilots heading to the street unless you think the General and the rest of the deltoids were going to bring you over with the planes.

Try to remember in all your indignant rage:

You were for sale and you were bought.

Three names to remember as well:

Fornaro
Kolski
Goersch

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back