• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know, WN guys that were hired from 03 to 05 that upgraded sooner rather than later should be happy with this deal. Meanwhile, FL guys hired during the same time frame are being down graded with no re-upgrade until 2017 through 2020. It is what it is and you are entitled to your opinion. Just be sure that as long as you continue to voice it, you'll continue to get rebuttals.

No sweat.

I don't know, WN guys that were hired from 03 to 05 that upgraded sooner rather than later should be happy with this deal. Meanwhile, FL guys hired during the same time frame are being down graded with no re-upgrade until 2017 through 2020. It is what it is and you are entitled to your opinion. Just be sure that as long as you continue to voice it, you'll continue to get rebuttals.

However-consider this:

Where do you want the next group of acquired pilots to reside on the MSWP seniority list?

You guys keep claiming you were entitled to "relative" or "DOH".

In order for SWA to be a MEGA carrier the likes of AA/USAir/AWA, Unical or DAL/NWA SWA will have to either gobble up the remaining carriers:

Alaska
Hawaiian
Allegiant
Spirit
JBLU

or grow.

swapa helps Kelly in every way possible to keep the masses (pilots) in the dark regarding EVERYTHING that can and will negatively effect our careers yet it has been said, again and again, "another acquisition is coming".

You take that all FWIW.

DOH or relative is going to be an absolute beat down for ANY SWA pilot. (trannies and RSWesties)

By continuing to beat the drum that you got screwed you are arguing against what your position should be. Instead, you should be bragging about the great deal you got and revealing how you got it. ie.

Airtran was not (primarily) a career oriented job (as signified by Kolski's statement and the fact that so many AAI pilots had left the tran for SWA and other places, and had resume's and apps out in droves.
AAI ALPA felt emboldened by BM
AAI ALPA knew swapa wanted a negotiated deal at any cost
When swapa stated "we have no more left to give" they gave BIG TIME
AAI ALPA had nothing to lose by shooting for the moon.

Get your emotions in check. If you didn't like the way the last one went down and you think swapa knocked it out of the park for us then by all means, carry on. We'll be revisiting this issue again and I'm willing to bet you guys will wish you had started singing a different tune.

You will find many more FL pilots have a better handle on the golden rule than OSW pilots. I'm very comfortable with the idea of treating pilots of another merger the way I'd like to have been treated, knowing full well I won't get anything out of the deal and most likely lose. However, in the big picture for the betterment of the whole going forward, it would be what is best for the company and therefore, myself. Most of you won't get that and I understand.

I believe the main reason GK keeps his mergers and acquisitions to himself and the senior team, this is the way business is conducted by any large company like SWA. If he went and told SWAPA what his plans were can you imagine the diatribe that would appear on this forum before any move was made.
Grow up people this is the real world or business (dog eat dog)

Airtran was not (primarily) a career oriented job (as signified by Kolski's statement

Kolski? You sure you aren't thinking about Klaus? I don't remember Steve making any comments about AirTran not being a career airline. That would be completely out of character for him. He was incredibly proud of this company, and didn't consider it second to anyone.

and you're dreaming if you think any swa pilot hired after 2001 is going to look at the deal you guys got as anything less than a lottery win without even having to buy a ticket. You should be buying the swapa nc drinks on every overnight. Had they hard lined this deal there's a great chance none of you would even be here. Once the cat was out of the bag on the 717 there were going to be pilots heading to the street unless you think the general and the rest of the deltoids were going to bring you over with the planes.

Try to remember in all your indignant rage:

You were for sale and you were bought.

Three names to remember as well:

Fornaro
kolski
goersch

blah blah blah!

most of the aai guys i've flown with thought aai wouldn't have been around in 5+/- yrs.

most of the aai guys i've flown with thought aai wouldn't have been around in 5+/- yrs.

Hmmmmm, if this was such common knowledge, GK was hoodwinked by FL mgmt. If we were in such bad shape, why cause such turmoil to the precious culture when we could have just withered on the vine? Kind of a rhetorical question I know as all you WN guys are asking the same thing.

Latest resources

Back