• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, we've never overturned or fought bad laws in this country like:

Right to choose
Gun rights
Slavery
Egregious use of eminent domain
Voting

Let's just sit back and let the government control every aspect of our lives. As many a swapa rep said to me, "it's only seniority"

So you're equating MB legislation with these others, such as slavery and voting. Interesting argument to propose to the justices, Lol. Dunno if it will fly. MB was enacted to prevent exactly what happened, the larger group steamrollering the smaller group. It was just never allowed to play out as designed. But I've been involved in enough litigation to know that justice is sold by the pound, and deeper pockets usually prevail so your plan may have some merit.

Just out of curiousity, what do you propose, that they propose? Let's say, hypothetically, SWA attempts a buyout of Hawaiian. What is your idea of how it should go down, in terms of an ISL? Let's say you're the NC chair.

My guess is that there will be a negotiated deal and the HA MEC will not let the membership see it. Then GK will threaten to get rid of the 717 and walla........a negotiated deal!!

Whaddayathink?

http://thehill.com/policy/transport...nts-press-other-members-to-resolve-union-flap

Just remember, mccaskill bond was born from this:

The flights attendants say McCaskill has reneged on a promise to help them win a retroactive application of the 2007 law that requires seniority in airline mergers to be determined by employees’ original date of hire.

McCaskill wrote a letter to the APFA union in 2007 promising to address the “recall rights” of the former TWA workers, many of whom were furloughed after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, in a funding bill for the Federal Aviation Administration.

But in the same letter, dated Aug. 3, 2007, McCaskill said such a legislative effort would “not affect the seniority rights of employees, and it is not my intention to do so.”

Despite that proclamation, however, the former TWA flight attendants say that McCaskill’s office has characterized what they argue are changes in her positions on the seniority issue as misrepresentations of her statements.

“In light of persistent misrepresentations, alongside conduct that has been consistently unprofessional, inappropriate and hostile — including appalling behavior by several who claim to be leaders among the former TWA flight attendants and their consultant — the senator will not engage in this intra-union dispute nor continue discussions regarding the issue,” a policy staffer for McCaskill wrote in an email that was provided to The Hill by the former TWA employees.

--------

So tell me air tran- how much seniority would you have lost with a straight date of hire integration?

So tell me air tran- how much seniority would you have lost with a straight date of hire integration?

A lot less than we ended up losing.

PCL why do you care, you're not moving over are you? Wal-Mart need greeters or Home Depot

Why do you numbnuts keep asking the same question that's been answered repeatedly? Are you mentally challenged?

You should keep in mind that Wal Mart greeter thing for when you retire, though. The people of Wal Mart are also your passengers, so you'll feel right at home.

PCL, you're not really planning on making the jump to good ole SWA are you? After all the garbage you spewed out of that doughnut hole of yours that would be a pretty gutless move. However, not at all surprising for a "man" of your integrity. Don't get me wrong, there are a few (zero) folks here eagerly anticipating your arrival.

Last edited:
I bet his answer is to transition, sit for two months waiting training, then get through all the training, take sick time, then vacation, then medical out.

Latest resources

Back