AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Revisionists

You guys grasp at straws by any means possible all in order to attempt to bolster the case that the tranny, in some way shape or form, was equal to or better than SWA (then why were pilots leaving in droves to come here and elsewhere?) to continue to attempt to make the case that you all got "screwed" after you were "acquired".

Can we stop the d*ck measuring?

Does it make you feel better to make outlandish claims about SWA vs TRAN "The good, the bad and the ugly"

I can shoot holes in most of your wild comments and pick them off one by one but it gets old. Additionally, PCL, why do you even care any more? Or more succinctly-Why should we care what you have to say? You claim you're not coming over. So, while I won't go so far to state that your opinion doesn't matter, I will say that it shouldn't hold any level of import with anyone that remains. You're turning yourself into an insignificant dweeb the likes of a certain General on here or his alter ego OYS.

Additionally, I take issue with the way you've berated your MEC for getting you a much better deal than you deserved and they did so by being strategic, by playing hardball, and by strong arming those that had more mojo going into the deal.

That should be a lesson WE (all of us now joined together) should reflect on and learn from. Because, the stronger of the two negotiating committees did not survive. Instead, our QOL, PAY, BENNIEs etc are all being manufactured by the same weak sisters that couldn't get us a better deal than SL-10 which was a MUCH worse deal than SL-9 (for us)

SLI 1 vs SLI 2 is debatable. But, one cannot argue the furlough protection provided by SLI2 AND the much better RSW Global Seniority that was handed over by Kelly with nary a whimper from our emasculated union.

It's time to get back in the fight not against each other. The next buyout is coming and even your beloved RM acknowledges and admits that it's not in our (all of ours) best interest to have another tranny debacle go down where we RSW lose even more RSW pilot seniority.

If you can't wrap your arms around that then, Yes, you are not finished pi$$ing moaning and whining about the SLI and you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Room, if you really want it to go away, then just shut your pie-hole and let people come to terms with it on their own. Rest assured, if you keep throwing mud and bullsh!t, people will respond.

6353 posts

Room, if you really want it to go away, then just shut your pie-hole and let people come to terms with it on their own. Rest assured, if you keep throwing mud and bullsh!t, people will respond.

of which I'm certain over 50% are pi$$ing and moaning about SWA and/or the ACQUISITION.

I don't GAS if it "goes away". What I do suggest is working "SMART" towards making sure we (RSW PILOTS) don't get f*cked again. The only way to do that is to acknowledge and learn from the mistakes of the past. First and foremost that we (RSW PILOTS) gave a ton-got nothing in return and totally f*cked ourselves by not having better contractual language (still not fixed) a weak d*ck NC, with an even weaker d*ck supporting cast back at the front office.

What's the game plan going forward oh great and omnipotent FLIFO thought leader?

Blah-blah-blah.

I'm out.

It's not gonna win you a better contract.
It's not gonna prevent a carbon copy of what just happened.

I'm suggesting that if you are in fact now (or will be in the future) a RSW pilot, to do everything in your power to protect and improve on what you have.

The wheels are coming off over here and burying your head in the sand won't fix it.

The same players that ran the SLI are running the show on the Section Six. If you think they "killed it" for RSW pilots, then, by all means, flip it on autopilot. If, however, you are man enough to admit that we may not have the sharpest tools in the shed working on what's going to set the course for the next however many years, and arguably (should we buy someone else-a highly likely possibility) the rest of our careers, then you might want to pull your seat forward and strap on your shoulder harnesses.

It's not enough that decisions be justifiable to an individual, or even an individual pilot group. Those decisions need to be justifiable in light of the entire profession.
This is an absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous statement, but it certainly sheds a lot of light on your ALPA skewed vision of reality.

My decisions are only made with regard to how it will effect myself and my family alone. I would never expect someone else to attempt to interpret my personal needs and wants above their own when making career decisions. I won't make decisions based on what I think others might want or need and I would never presume that others do that for me. The one man one vote system works because each individual is different with differing desires and they vote accordingly.

"Those decisions need to be justifiable in light of the entire profession." My God man can't you understand that we can't all agree on what is justifiable to the entire profession. Your vision of justifiable and my vision of justifiable are vastly different I assure you.

Dude

Please take your own advice

You are a piece of work .

This is an absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous statement, but it certainly sheds a lot of light on your ALPA skewed vision of reality.

My decisions are only made with regard to how it will effect myself and my family alone. I would never expect someone else to attempt to interpret my personal needs and wants above their own when making career decisions. I won't make decisions based on what I think others might want or need and I would never presume that others do that for me. The one man one vote system works because each individual is different with differing desires and they vote accordingly.

"Those decisions need to be justifiable in light of the entire profession." My God man can't you understand that we can't all agree on what is justifiable to the entire profession. Your vision of justifiable and my vision of justifiable are vastly different I assure you.

I understand your thought process, but it doesn't fit in an organized labor environment. In short, with your way of looking at the world, you shouldn't be in a union. Unions are about not just the individual, but the collective.

You guys grasp at straws by any means possible all in order to attempt to bolster the case that the tranny, in some way shape or form, was equal to or better than SWA (then why were pilots leaving in droves to come here and elsewhere?) to continue to attempt to make the case that you all got "screwed" after you were "acquired".

Can we stop the d*ck measuring?

Does it make you feel better to make outlandish claims about SWA vs TRAN "The good, the bad and the ugly"

I can shoot holes in most of your wild comments and pick them off one by one but it gets old. Additionally, PCL, why do you even care any more? Or more succinctly-Why should we care what you have to say? You claim you're not coming over. So, while I won't go so far to state that your opinion doesn't matter, I will say that it shouldn't hold any level of import with anyone that remains. You're turning yourself into an insignificant dweeb the likes of a certain General on here or his alter ego OYS.

Additionally, I take issue with the way you've berated your MEC for getting you a much better deal than you deserved and they did so by being strategic, by playing hardball, and by strong arming those that had more mojo going into the deal.

That should be a lesson WE (all of us now joined together) should reflect on and learn from. Because, the stronger of the two negotiating committees did not survive. Instead, our QOL, PAY, BENNIEs etc are all being manufactured by the same weak sisters that couldn't get us a better deal than SL-10 which was a MUCH worse deal than SL-9 (for us)

SLI 1 vs SLI 2 is debatable. But, one cannot argue the furlough protection provided by SLI2 AND the much better RSW Global Seniority that was handed over by Kelly with nary a whimper from our emasculated union.

It's time to get back in the fight not against each other. The next buyout is coming and even your beloved RM acknowledges and admits that it's not in our (all of ours) best interest to have another tranny debacle go down where we RSW lose even more RSW pilot seniority.

If you can't wrap your arms around that then, Yes, you are not finished pi$$ing moaning and whining about the SLI and you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

You're still talking about the SLI? Sorry, man, but I'm not interested. Old news. If you want to talk about contract talks, uniting the pilot group, etc., then let's discuss. But we've beaten the SLI horse to a bloody pulp, and nobody is changing anyone's mind about it. Waste of time.

You're still talking about the SLI? Sorry, man, but I'm not interested. Old news. If you want to talk about contract talks, uniting the pilot group, etc., then let's discuss. But we've beaten the SLI horse to a bloody pulp, and nobody is changing anyone's mind about it. Waste of time.

You're still wasting your time on subjects that don't/won't matter to you in 4 months?

Additionally, don't think the fact that you WANT to talk about the SLI when you want to do some SWA bashing and then you DON'T want to talk about it when you get called out on your BS.

Thanks for checking in FLIFO thought leader. Can I put my name in the hat even if I have only less than 500 posts?

:confused:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back