• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran pilots, what about this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, it took the Pan Am guys (otherwise referred to as "aquired airman".... by the "Real Delta" pilots.... 27 months for full pay parity when Delta aquired the north atlantic routes.

Lear, can you PM me that memo please?

Can't find the stupid thing right now... We got bombarded with a bunch of stuff on about 3 different computer systems we use but I think it was a paper memo I found laying around in MCO about "what to expect" from your management team. ? Might have been on Sharetran but right now I can't get in (I.T. has been having some issues integrating our system with SWALife).

I'll keep hunting for it later today, gotta go fly.

The truth of the matter is a negotiated settlement is what GK (management) wants. GK(SWA)/ALPA/SWAPA do not want to leave the SLI in the hands of 3 federal judges. The stakes are too high. Everyone should take a step back, go do something else and give the NC's a chance...if/when we go to arbitration is out of our hands. If we go to arbitration the list may become merged but the group will be fragmented. The absolute best solution is a NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT, approved by both pilot groups.

Can't find the stupid thing right now... We got bombarded with a bunch of stuff on about 3 different computer systems we use but I think it was a paper memo I found laying around in MCO about "what to expect" from your management team. ? Might have been on Sharetran but right now I can't get in (I.T. has been having some issues integrating our system with SWALife).

I'll keep hunting for it later today, gotta go fly.

No worries.

This just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. SWAPA has a contract with SWA already. This is not an ALPA/APLA deal, like NWA/Delta was.

OY6 IS the problem on all these SWA/Tranny threads... Fact.

Then share with Airtran pilots! Why won't SWAPA do that NOW? If they won't, then it looks like it could used as a form of pressure that again is ridiculous. Do you care about brotherhood or not? Sounds like you don't.

And if you don't like this thread, don't look at it. I bet the Airtran guys will. Holding back pay isn't nice, and if SWAPA controls it, then that is worse. Accept our deal, or continue with lower pay..... Arbitration, all the way.

OYS

I will answer this for him. He does have a personal interest in this. Being on the bottom of the list at DAL he is afraid of what a combined SWA AAI will do to his carrier and career. His only hope is to try and sow the seeds for a SWA civil war. A splintered disfunctional pilot group works to his advantage.

Notice to OYS: I shut you down on one thread. I will continue to counter you devisive rhetoric no matter where you post.

Luv,
Ghetto

I have thought this the whole time. Good post.

The truth of the matter is a negotiated settlement is what GK (management) wants. GK(SWA)/ALPA/SWAPA do not want to leave the SLI in the hands of 3 federal judges. The stakes are too high. Everyone should take a step back, go do something else and give the NC's a chance...if/when we go to arbitration is out of our hands. If we go to arbitration the list may become merged but the group will be fragmented. The absolute best solution is a NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT, approved by both pilot groups.

Sounds great, but every other group started off the same way. SWAPA wants the list one way, AT ALPA another. If you make a deal appetizing to AT, your own pilots would hang you. Just the truth. GK may want a negotiated settlement, but he also signed the process agreement allowing arbitration if negotiating doesn't work. It's human nature to want something better than the rest. Arbitrators don't handle it that way, it is fair.

OYS

OYS, your premise is false. While I'm sure SWAPA isn't in any hurry to get us on their contract, they're also not the ones that get to decide that. That's a management decision, not a SWAPA decision.

OYS, your premise is false. While I'm sure SWAPA isn't in any hurry to get us on their contract, they're also not the ones that get to decide that. That's a management decision, not a SWAPA decision.

Could you expand on that please? For my FYI.

Latest resources

Back