• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran pilots, what about this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To answer the OP's question, we recently received a memo from Southwest MANAGEMENT that stated many things, like SWA pay, won't happen until 1st quarter 2012.

Of course, we already knew that, from the Process Agreement. The quickest way it happens is a negotiated SLI which will also contain a negotiated timeline for different compensation-based items (insurance, retirement, etc along with pay) for us to vote on. It all comes as one votable package.

If it goes to arbitration... could be much longer, up to an additional year or more, depending on many factors. Won't get into "what ifs" because I don't want to start a debate on the "what ifs" of holding and operating us separately. Already agreed to disagree on that one.

It's definitely a carrot for a negotiated list. Just the way it is, no way around
it.

Lear,

The process agreement was constructed to put pressure on you. You said it yourself, arbitration could mean a longer wait for pay parity. That is ridiculous, and should be changed, if you truly are "one company and brothers.". That is why arbitration is necessary, to make sure part of this deal is fair, because keeping pay different obviously is NOT.

OYS

All together now.........I - G - N - O - R - E. If everyone had the little men on their ignore list, this place would be so much more constructive. It takes less than a minute.

Why are you responding then? Look away, just like you want the AT guys to do.

OYS

Uhm dude that is funny, you have four blocked posts in a row, what is going on, OCD about fair and equitable, makes it sort of creepy for the rest of us.

To answer the OP's question, we recently received a memo from Southwest MANAGEMENT that stated many things, like SWA pay, won't happen until 1st quarter 2012.

Of course, we already knew that, from the Process Agreement. The quickest way it happens is a negotiated SLI which will also contain a negotiated timeline for different compensation-based items (insurance, retirement, etc along with pay) for us to vote on. It all comes as one votable package.

If it goes to arbitration... could be much longer, up to an additional year or more, depending on many factors. Won't get into "what ifs" because I don't want to start a debate on the "what ifs" of holding and operating us separately. Already agreed to disagree on that one.

It's definitely a carrot for a negotiated list. Just the way it is, no way around it.

Lear. Thank you but not for you to answer. It's for oys to answer. I however can no longer read his response.

Tunning them out. One pilot at a time.

It's definitely a carrot for a negotiated list. Just the way it is, no way around it.

Lear, can you PM me that memo please?

but how long until a joint contract? Why wouldn't SWAPA want to do that BEFORE the SLI

This just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. SWAPA has a contract with SWA already. This is not an ALPA/APLA deal, like NWA/Delta was.

OY6 IS the problem on all these SWA/Tranny threads... Fact.

One more please.

Airtran pilots want to know why you care so much about this matter? Why would you spend so much time and energy? (Yea it's been asked before).

Lastly, what pleasure do you receive by creating such a contentious and hateful environment? How do you benefit by the splitting of two pilots groups and adding such discord?

You should not be asking airtran pilots. You should be answering them.

I will answer this for him. He does have a personal interest in this. Being on the bottom of the list at DAL he is afraid of what a combined SWA AAI will do to his carrier and career. His only hope is to try and sow the seeds for a SWA civil war. A splintered disfunctional pilot group works to his advantage.

Notice to OYS: I shut you down on one thread. I will continue to counter you devisive rhetoric no matter where you post.

Luv,
Ghetto

Latest resources

Back