Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots, Informational Picketing!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

-9Capt

Just curious

Why would the union still have a place to sign up for picketing if they are so much in favor of the TA?

Why would the union still have a place to sign up for picketing if they are so much in favor of the TA?

Hopefully they will remember, whether they endorse the TA or not, they are the governing body of the union that is supposed to enforce the will of it's members. . .

Signed up and ready.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second.

**Disclaimer: I'm against the TA, I have struck and walked the line before and, if necessary will do it again. **

What good will informational picketing do for us, especially if done in ATL? If you consider who we would be trying to get support/sympathy from; it seems like it would be a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. I can see the press release from the company now...."Airtran pilots refuse a pay raise to as much as $180k/year - choose to picket instead". Thinking of the passengers who we fly, and would be picketing in front of, we'd come off as the classic "spoiled airline pilots" who just want more money.

Not that I agree with what they would be saying, but the PR battle would be lost from the get-go. The company would have the press against us. Our union has recently demonstrated that they are completely incapable of mustering any type of positive PR even to it's own pilot group - let alone to the public in general.

Picketing is meant to pressure the company into coming to the table and honestly dealing with labor. That would not happen in Atlanta. I can see it backfiring bigtime. I may be wrong, if I'm missing something in this posting hopefully someone can try to "show me the light".

I'm voting NO, and will do what is necessary in the future, but I don't see how picketing combined with our BoD's ineffectiveness (and their supporting the Company) will do anything but hurt our cause.

Surf that beach!

What good will informational picketing do for us, especially if done in ATL? If you consider who we would be trying to get support/sympathy from.... "Airtran pilots refuse a pay raise to as much as $180k/year - choose to picket instead". Thinking of the passengers who we fly, and would be picketing in front of, we'd come off as the classic "spoiled airline pilots" who just want more money.

Good point, and one that gets brought up frequently.

Now, I don't know about you, but my issues don't revolve around pay- they revolve around longer work days, less rest, less training, less scope, less respect.

Tht's what this fight should be about.. . . and what the picketing should be about.

Latest resources

Back