Airtran Pilots if you want change vote for Schroll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

71driver

I don't know if you guys and gals have read the position papers but 3 of the 4 are available on the NPA site.

David talks about breathing life into the TA2 which is a waste of time, our current contract is far better and needs improvements in far less areas than that TA2 does. Also David had a hand in the negotiation of that TA so if you have a half a brain he is a no vote!

Pons spends much of his paper berating Schroll and his paper didn't have much of a wow factor so he gets a no vote

Best- well he can't even find the time to write a position paper, he was thrown out of negotiations which could have meant he was standing his ground and that's a good thing ......however I think the company despises him and that is bad for any kind of productivity, because lets face it the company is driving the negotiations and THEY can make it easy or hard. he gets a no vote

John Schroll had his position paper out the first day, he is well spoken, composes himself well, has great ideas on where he wants the NPA to go. I don't know him personnally so I called his cell phone number on the bottom of his position paper (hell even Allen Philpot never had his cell phone number available to the pilot group)and spoke to him for long while. IMHO he is our man. Do yourself a favor Airtran guys and gals call John Schroll and talk to him yourself there is going to be a lot of talk about how he sued the NPA don't listen to rumors listen to John and read the papers he filed for his lawsuit and I think you'll agree he is what the NPA needs

Voted for pons. I liked the idea of a pro negotiator and better pay for Fo's. Ask Schroll/Sabby what they think of FO pay(they both have said don't worry you will upgrade in three years.)

Mike just had a baby girl less than a week ago, cut the man a little slack! :)

Do you think the company is going to LIKE just about ANYONE who stands their ground? In case you haven't noticed lately, 2 guys who have done exactly that are no longer employed and the company managed to oust the people on the NC who did the same.

Do you see a pattern emerging here?

Cooperating with a management group who's SOLE goal is to minimize our gains while simultaneously maximizing their profits and bonuses is an exercise in futility for moving forward.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want to GAIN anything, it's going to get worse before it gets better. Leadership who is going to fight the hard fight is what is absolutely required right now, not someone who will try a "get along" type of approach.

Schroll and I have talked, and I haven't been able to get that far into his "plan" to see if he really has a plan to fight behind his "withdrawal from mediation" plan, but I would be surprised if that tactic actually works, given the level of hostility management has shown in the last 2 years.

I hope he proves me wrong if he's elected. I like the guy, just worried about his tactics which are in conflict with just about everything I've learned in 7 years of unionized aviation.

Not that it's doing me any particular good right now, since I can't vote,,, ;)

Gear, you need to ask around about pons. I thought it was a prank that he was nominated.

I'll read ALL the position papers before casting final judgement.

Congrats on the baby, Mike.

John Shroll has a checkered past as far as unions go. Do some research and change your mind. As far as I am concerered when it comes to elections, the person that will do the best job is the person that wants the job the least. John is on "the list". Does that mean anything these days? I don't know, but it did to a lot of people when that all went down. I don't know John, but in all due respect, I will not vote for a line crosser. Hell, I don't know his story about all that and don't care. He is on the list for some reason. If it is not valid, then it should be defended in his position paper. Do we want a union president that crossed the line? Not in my opinion. That being said, Mike Best is no better. He will have us up for a strike in a year or so. The sleeper is Mike Pons. He has no reason to run. Nothing to gain. He lives in Woodstock, so his motivation can't be that he is home every night. Just think about it folks. John Shroll is not what we need for sure.
Jeff Neely (Call me out. I'm not scared )

Of all the candidates, Mike Pons is the last person I'd vote for, right behind Tom Benefield. John Schroll seems to have the best all around abilities and overall plan for putting this union back together. I like Mike Best, but I don't think it is his time yet.

Last edited:
So, to recap this thread so far...everyone sucks. I'm feeling better about our future. Anyone else?

Latest resources

Back