• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots if you want change vote for Schroll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can tell the level of competence, in a person, by how they write.....

To sum it up M. Best wrote an articulate and constructive position of where we are and where we need to go. I am confident a vote for him is in our best interest.

Pons came in second

Schroll and the other guy basically stunk.

My vote is for M. Best

So Mike Best wrote a great position paper. Good for him.

Which candidate has the most passion? Which candidate wants the job the most? Which candidate understands the job the best and has the drive and energy to do what is required of the job? Which candidate will surround himself with the best team? The answer to those questions is more important than who wrote a doctoral level position paper. Mike Best may have written the best position paper, but he may not be the best President.

You can tell the level of competence, in a person, by how they write.....

To sum it up M. Best wrote an articulate and constructive position of where we are and where we need to go. I am confident a vote for him is in our best interest.

Pons came in second

Schroll and the other guy basically stunk.

My vote is for M. Best
Give me a break. Maybe if they were an English major that would matter.

I would think the ability to communicate effectively would be a definite plus as a union president...

Prtty amzing tht u cn rd ths . . . and mst lkly u cn. bt I srt dbt u'd vt fr me aftr pnnng ths lttl prgrph. Bt hw u prsnt yslf to the msss s crtl mprtnt.

But even more important , MB gets it ! ! !

If elected do you think the first thing Schroll will do is get the union to pay for his lawsuit against the union? Because after all, he was un-selfishly suing the NPA to help us all.

Which candidate has the most passion? Which candidate wants the job the most? Which candidate understands the job the best and has the drive and energy to do what is required of the job? Which candidate will surround himself with the best team? The answer to those questions is more important than who wrote a doctoral level position paper.

And the answer is......... Mike Best.

Yes, it is good. I'd like to have a union President who doesn't make a fool out of himself every time he sends a memo or an email. Eloquence is important for a leader.

Which candidate has the most passion?

Mike Best.

Which candidate wants the job the most?

Wrong question. The question should really be, "why does he want it?" There are three types of people you run across in union work:

1. The guy trying to boost his own ego with a fancy new title, business card, and office.

2. The guy trying to only benefit himself by shifting policy to a stance that will benefit himself to the greatest degree, no matter how it affects everyone else.

3. The guy that's really doing the job to benefit the pilot group and the profession. Unfortunately, this is the hardest guy to find, because there aren't enough of them around.

Schroll has already disqualified himself from fitting into category 3, as far as I'm concerned, by filing a lawsuit against his own union, and therefore his own pilot group. If the NPA had been forced to pay out that money to John, then the NPA would be bankrupt and all of us would be screwed. Doesn't sound like the kind of guy that I want watching out for me. Not to mention the whole "strike breaker" thing.

Which candidate understands the job the best and has the drive and energy to do what is required of the job?

Clearly, Mike Best. He is the only candidate in this race that has even remotely the level of experience necessary to do this job, and he's even committed to moving back to Atlanta so that he can do the job to the best of his ability.

Which candidate will surround himself with the best team?

Again, Mike Best. He's the only one with enough experience to even know what is required of a good team for each job. The other guys would be shooting in the dark trying to figure out how to run this union and assemble a viable team.

Mike Best may have written the best position paper, but he may not be the best President.

But it just so happens that in this case, he's both.

Which candidate has the most passion? Which candidate wants the job the most? Which candidate understands the job the best and has the drive and energy to do what is required of the job? Which candidate will surround himself with the best team? The answer to those questions is more important than who wrote a doctoral level position paper. Mike Best may have written the best position paper, but he may not be the best President.

Well since I can't personally interview each candidate and the difference between Schroll and Best is so large; when looking at their writing abilities and ideas.

Just think if some of us would have paid more attention to what someone has to say and how they say it - for instance the last 2 presidential elections we would be so much better off.

pcl 128

Schroll has already disqualified himself from fitting into category 3, as far as I'm concerned, by filing a lawsuit against his own union, and therefore his own pilot group. If the NPA had been forced to pay out that money to John, then the NPA would be bankrupt and all of us would be screwed. Doesn't sound like the kind of guy that I want watching out for me. Not to mention the whole "strike breaker" thing.

Make sure you know the whole story about his lawsuit against the NPA in fact you seemed pretty ingaged and that is a good thing so call John yourself if you don't you will be voting out of ignorence. Remember our own attorney snooped in on Brad's website to stick it to Rich, there is no telling how low they will go, and hence the reason to seriously consider John Schroll if you want change.

As far as Schroll being a scab he is the lowest grade which is to say he flew at Eastern, went on strike and only after the MEC Chairman said the Pilots should go back to flying did he go, he really shouldn't of been on the list in the first place.

Latest resources

Back