• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots if you want change vote for Schroll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just voted for Mike and hope there are about 1500 other like minded individuals out there.

All you need is 751 like minded individuals. I voted today.

Hey Steelers Fan: How 'bout them Cardinals?

GT

From what I understand, SK has been quoted by some that the best negotiator he has come across is MB. I've heard this from several folks I've flown with. What does that mean, don't know. I think there should be a time and place, similar to a road show, where the candidates have a forum to voice their issues and what their agenda is for the pilots at AirTran. I would like to make an educated decision based off hearing each candidates issues and also having a session where each candidate can answer questions. This is a very important vote. I do not want my decision to be based on others personal likes or dislikes for someone....we all know how that is in this business.

Lear: I am not looking for someone to "get along" that is an insult. what I am looking for is someone that can walk the line with these jackoffs in orlando, be politically correct if you will while still getting the job done for the pilots there is a way to get a milk bone out of a pitbulls mouth :) and I am sorry you got bit: seriously
Thanks, it sucks... there's no real other word that fits as aptly.

And please don't take offense, I didn't mean that as a slam on you or John Schroll and certainly didn't mean to insinuate that he WOULD act that way, I just don't think a "play nice" attitude is going to get us anything with this particular management group and I got a *slight* hint of that from John's position paper.

The guys who know him tell me that's not the case, so I'm not saying he's a "bad" choice, just don't think SOME of his ideas will work (downsizing the NPA, stopping the use of ALPA services (not that we have to use all of them, but some of them are VITAL), and flying full time while being NPA president during negotiations).

Fly safe out there! :)

Last edited:
mike best's position paper came out today and I must say I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I read it.

I did not know John Schroll was a scab, but those of us in the know, know there are three levels, does anybody know what his is?

I have been at over a half dozen 121 carriers some bigger than Airtran, and often the problem is, as it is now, is trying to figure out what is in a room while trying to look through a key hole...you don't get the whole picture, we/I think we are in the know only to have someone point out something contrary to what you know i.e. Schroll is a scab and unfortunetly we have more than our fair share of scabs. In the end I always reserve the right to change my mind based on the most accurate information I have at the time I vote.

So keep on communicating it is the best we can do.

In my almost 6 years here, I have never read a more well thought out and comprehensive position paper than what I read today from Mike Best. He truely "gets it".

I just voted online for Mike. Very easy decision.

Now, if we can just get him paired up with an equally emphatic and visionary Vice Presidential candidate, we are going to be sitting very nice indeed. We'll know who those candidates will be soon enough.

I did not know John Schroll was a scab, but those of us in the know, know there are three levels, does anybody know what his is?

Well, I disagree that there really are three "levels," but the list doesn't have a hire date for him, so that means that he was "old EAL," meaning hired at some point prior to the strike. Beyond that, I haven't heard anything.

I'm glad to see Mike B has shown up with a paper and solid goals. I think he is a stronger candidate with a better grasp on the needs of the union, and I am flip-flopping my vote back to Mike Best, and hope you all do too.

I just got off the phone with Mike, will probably have to talk to him again but as of now I am leaning towards Mike also.

The problem is Mike was around for a portion of these negotiations and I was attaching him to this POS TA, but as he told me there were no concessions on the table when he decided to step down. I believe he told me he decided to step down when Crackpot I mean Philpot decided to get involved with the negotiations, that's when the concessions hit the table....what a mess!!

Latest resources

Back