• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots if you want change vote for Schroll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gear up call Schroll and talk to him again, unless he is talking out of both sides of his mouth I the first question I asked was about F/O pay and he said the F/O needed serious improvment, (unlike Allen who told me you'll upgrade in three years anyway) John said if we are going to upgrade so fast then the company should have no problem with increasing the F/O rates.

Lear: I am not looking for someone to "get along" that is an insult. what I am looking for is someone that can walk the line with these jackoffs in orlando, be politically correct if you will while still getting the job done for the pilots there is a way to get a milk bone out of a pitbulls mouth :) and I am sorry you got bit: seriously

If Schroll is a scab your right I don't like that either, that said, when I hire my divorce attorney I am not looking for a friend, I am looking for someone that will do the best job for me

The Company hates Mike Best because he was effective. Re-read the NPA opener (it's available on the NPA site, under "committees", I believe). That document had tighter language, modest improvements for ALL pilots, and was an improvement over current book in all regards, unlike that POS that came about in Mike's absence.

Mike is reasonable, knowlegeable, and can't be bought, intimidated, or threatened.

I don't know J. Schroll personally, but he is a Check Airman, "on the list", and thinks he can fly a line while being NPA President, which is highly unrealistic.

If I were a "hostage" on the sidelines, like Lear, and we had an NPA President who was flying the line (my line!) instead of fighting for my job, it would smack of "failure to represent".

Last edited:
Airtran FO's. Don't vote for a scab...period. Our crappy pay will only get worse. Lear, don't worry, my SWA friends make fun of my pay too. Joke is on us, twice a month.

Schroll's ideas are just plain scary. He would set us back 2 years in negotiations and decimate the NPA structure. I guarantee that the management types down in Orlanda are cheering for Schroll in this election. From a previous post I made, here are some of the problems with his position paper:

1. He wants to stop using all services provided by ALPA. I don't want to get into a debate about whether we need to join ALPA, but whether you want ALPA on property or not, you can't operate a successful in-house union without a services agreement with ALPA. There's a reason that every major independent union in this industry contract with ALPA for various services. You simply can't do it all yourself. Getting rid of ALPA services would be extremely detrimental to this pilot group, especially in the area of negotiations.

2. He wants to cut the union budget virtually in half. We already need to be putting away more money for a strike fund; we certainly shouldn't be cutting anything. Cutting the budget and dues revenue during times of negotiations is pure insanity.

3. He wants to cut back on staff, but still thinks he and the other Officers could continue to keep current on the line. This is ridiculous. For starters, the President of a 1600 pilot union shouldn't be wasting time by flying the line regularly. I want him in the office and down in Orlando doing the work of the pilots. Second, if you did try to keep flying, you certainly can't do that while at the same time keeping a skeleton staff.

4. He wants to remove us from the mediation process as outline by the RLA. I don't even think this is legally possible, but it certainly isn't advisable. Mediation is a step on the way to self help, and self help is our only leverage in negotiations. Taking a step back further reduces our leverage and puts more power in the hands of management. This is horrible strategy.

Airtran FO's. Don't vote for a scab...period.

Why just FOs? I can't imagine why a Captain would want to vote for one either. Do you really want to put your future in the hands of someone who did this?

Just the fact that someone has to be told not to vote for a scab for a union position is inconceivable...
You may not be looking for a friend in a divorce attorney or a union rep and with a scab you can guarantee you're not going to find one. You say,
That's OK as long as he does a good job for me". Say what? He has already hosed you by crossing a line.

JS's position paper was written by a third grader. I swear, I tell my kids every time they have to write anythinig for school to read it out loud to themselves to see if it makes sense before turning it in.

Cutting back on the union personnel is the last thing we need. I believe we need to add a communications person full time. We are 1600 pilots and growing. We need to act like a professional union.

Mike Best just added his position paper to the NPA website. That means that every candidate has a position paper posted. Voting is open by phone or ballotpoint using the same VIN and PIN from the TA vote.

Just the fact that someone has to be told not to vote for a scab for a union position is inconceivable...
You may not be looking for a friend in a divorce attorney or a union rep and with a scab you can guarantee you're not going to find one. You say,
That's OK as long as he does a good job for me". Say what? He has already hosed you by crossing a line.
You got that right!

Kind of indicitive of the "I got mine" everyone for themselves mentality that pervades our society in general and pilot group in particular.

Thing is, if this Schroll guy is a scab then people need to get the word out. Kind of like hiring a convicted child molester to babysit for you because he is good with kids. Not smart!

I asked the captain I was flying with last week who was clearly pro Shroll if he was aware of that little detail about his guy's past and he had no idea and worse, didn't seem to care. Sad!

Just voted for Mike and hope there are about 1500 other like minded individuals out there.

Latest resources

Back